New 2000 Owner

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

futuredeadguy

New 2000 Owner

Post by futuredeadguy »

Hello All:

First time post from a new owner. I acquired John Hussung's '68 2000 in case any of you know him.

I have many years of accumulated knowledge about old Zs, but this is my first 311 and I am totally clueless, so please bear with my ignorance as I get up to speed.

Even learning to drive it is a challenge, but I'm getting there. Pedal placement is taking some getting used to, and has already caused me some public embarrassment.

Anyway, glad this board is here and I plan to use it a ton during the learning curve.

Jim
Nashville, TN
Luke D

New 2000 Owner

Post by Luke D »

Hello Jim,

Congratulations! I am also in the Nashville area and have spoken to John Hussung many times. You have acquired an excellent Roadster. You should post some pictures for the rest to see. The weber setup is pretty cool.

The deal you made with John must have been great for him to part ways with his car. By the way, are you going to help him with his Z-car drivetrain transplant?

Thanks,
Luke D.
Conner
Roadsteraholic
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by Conner »

Welcome. Post some pics of your new roadster.
Andy Conner
SRL 311-01633
futuredeadguy

Post by futuredeadguy »

Thanks for the speedy welcome, Luke. John is a very cool guy.

I know him from the local Z Club - we are both members. He has plans to build a pretty cool Z, and I had something he wanted - a '77 280 with severe right/rear body damage, but with a drivetrain that would cost about 7k to build today. The engine is good for about 280 crank hp (non-turbo). The car also has a new interior, and other goodies. It won best in Nissan Modified class at the 1996 Z Convention in Atlanta.

John initiated the deal and is happy, but there is no doubt he gave me the better end of it. John, if you're reading this, thanks buddy! Come drive it any time!

I haven't had a chance to take pics yet, but John's cardomain.com page is here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/744170. It has pics and info.

Anyway, I'm VERY glad to be the new owner and plan to take excellent care of her. No plans to change anything.

Jim
Import_sounds-of-mid-GA

Post by Import_sounds-of-mid-GA »

Dont worry, Ive been around datsun/roadster only a year.... and Im still ignorant... :lol:
67 1/2 1600

Post by 67 1/2 1600 »

Comp Pan, dual webers, and a sweet clean car! What more can you ask for? Congrats on the buy you have a very sweet car. Once you get the pedals sorted out you will be in for a great ride! 8)
seiyess

Post by seiyess »

welcome to the forum
futuredeadguy

New 2000 Owner

Post by futuredeadguy »

Thanks for all the welcome notes, everyone.

I finally got some photos posted. These were taken today. Click here: http://home.comcast.net/~37215/Roadster.htm

What a weekend to get a new roadster! It has been mid-60s and sunny - definitely not normal for January in Nashville. I've spent about 30 minutes behind the wheel and think I have the hang of it now. Bit of a sync issue in 2nd gear, which John told me about, so am getting the double clutching down going into turns.

I think I've probably worn out the turn signal bulbs already, because I've been leaving them on a lot.

Early verdict: I absolutely love this car!

Jim
itsa68
Roadsteraholic
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by itsa68 »

I spotted something amiss in the engine compartment while viewing the pictures.
Please submit the car to my driveway so I may confirm my suspicions.
Thanks ahead of time.

Oh yeah........ welcome to the forum.

Ray B.
Thats not a R16 death rattle....its a dried leaf hitting my heater blower fan.
1968 SPL311 non-smog
Import_sounds-of-mid-GA

Post by Import_sounds-of-mid-GA »

if you ever decide that the solexes take way too much gas or gives too much power send em my way! :lol:
spl310
Roadster Guru
Location: In front of this keyboard... in Jacksonville, Florida!

Post by spl310 »

Very nice! Tell me about those driving lights. I like the look of them. You appear to have gotten a very nice clean 2000. Make sure to bring it to Road Atlanta!!
"Wow, a Roadster!" Stuart Little

1967.5 2000
1967.5 2000
1964 1500
1964 1500
1967.5 1600
1968 chassis
2006 Acura MDX
2013 Volkswagen Jetta TDI wagon
1995 F350 Powerstroke!
More...
67 1/2 1600

Post by 67 1/2 1600 »

if you ever decide that the solexes take way too much gas or gives too much power send em my way!
You should post some pictures for the rest to see. The weber setup is pretty cool.
futuredeadguy

New 2000 / Mitty

Post by futuredeadguy »

Yep, Weber - not Solex.

Seriously considering the trip to the Mitty, but would need to trailer it, which may be a possibility. Can't drive it because there isn't a top currently installed. I have the new soft top John sold me and the frame, but there's no way I'll get it put together before Mitty. So I need the best 4-day weather forecast ever known to mankind - that's the only way I can attend without a covered trailer.

Is anyone here camping infield? Anyone know where in the infield the Roadsters will be? Hopefully the Esses or the straight before turns 10/11.

Would love to make the trip.

Jim