Good price on rechroming

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Maggie

Good price on rechroming

Post by Maggie »

Hey All,
I called this bumper place and spoke with a guy named brad. He gave me a price of $250.00 per bumper to rechrome and $25.00 per headlight surround. I thought that was pretty good. They also fix the side molding and will chrome them for 21.00 a linear foot.
The site is : www.netbumper.com

Maggie
Conner
Roadsteraholic
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by Conner »

Interesting, thanks for the info. The side moldings I believe are stainless steel, so while you could have yours chromed most people just straighten-up the stainless and get them polished. That's what I plan to do.
Andy Conner
SRL 311-01633
impinhigh
Certified Roadster Nut

FYI Bay Area

Post by impinhigh »

Hey All..

Had my bumpers straightened and rechrome for 190.00 each. They had a few dings and the rear was bowed for sure. The parts returned in 1 week (as promised) like new with a very nice chrome plate.

Faith Bumper Service
1085 Di Giulio Ave, Santa Clara, CA
(408) 986-1226
Matt Jacquet
Gilroy, Ca
68 Spl311 Stock-Silver
68 Spl311 Stock-White-Gone to a good home...
:(
Maggie

Post by Maggie »

Wow, that is great. I will call them. All my chrome is bad (rusty). I'm having my car painted and don't want to put the ugly chrome back on.

Maggie
Maggie

Post by Maggie »

Hey Matt,
How long ago was that? I called them and they gave me a price of $220 to $280 each depending on the conition of the bumpers. Who did you deal with? Maybe I should talk to him/her.

Maggie
impinhigh
Certified Roadster Nut

Post by impinhigh »

..well, I guess it's been just about 2 years now but a 10% plus jump really surprises me. I work in the metal trade and finishing cost (plating, powder coat and paint have) have stayed pretty flat for the last 3-4 years. Don't recall the contact I made but I'll stop by to investigate.

Matt
Matt Jacquet
Gilroy, Ca
68 Spl311 Stock-Silver
68 Spl311 Stock-White-Gone to a good home...
:(
Linda
Fraternal Den Mother-RIP
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by Linda »

Re: Chroming
At the recent LA Auto Show I asked where the chrome was done on the many custom wheels that you see there and the answer was "China" So I guess the lack of environmental laws and low wages has "outsourced" that business. To my untrained eye though the chrome looked very nice.
Linda
68 1600
I'm goint to put up some Auto Show pics soon