patch panels and floors

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Import_sounds-of-mid-GA

patch panels and floors

Post by Import_sounds-of-mid-GA »

What do yall do for patch panels and floors?? I got some spare metal and shaped it into the lower section of the front fender behind the wheel, is this what most of yall do? Also my floors are horrible, do any of yall use the "floor sheet metal" from JC whitney, or something from somewhere else?
Thanks
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Conner
Roadsteraholic
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by Conner »

I will need to patch the same area you are talking about; the lower front fender. I will either make some myself, as you have done, or buy them. Ross from Sports Imports has ready-made patch panels for this area. I just enquired of him about them and he said they are $80 each.
Andy Conner
SRL 311-01633
Import_sounds-of-mid-GA

Post by Import_sounds-of-mid-GA »

Stickerman wrote:Use the trunk lids from when you switch to fiberglass. It is important to have a light car, running or not.
Duh!! Those dang hondas are runnin some 10's around here, carbon fiber body parts, turbos, DOHC, VTEC, and other stuff i cant get..... and we know how i like to keep up with the Rice crowd.....
I bet you saved some by sawing the shifter in half.

:D
in half? are you serious? I could have sworn it was only shortened exactly 3in. from the top of the top of the threads..... and the bigger knob is almost makes it easier to shift.
running or not
huh, dang, you mean someone took the elec. ign. off.... and undid all the other crap i did to it.

Now, i know for a fact I could have a AWESOME good looking drag truck for $1300(what ive spent on my car)..... maybe i should have?