Finally!

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Howard R
Roadsteraholic

Finally!

Post by Howard R »

After 6 hours of hand polishing my cam cover with semichrome paste, I finally finished detailing my engine. Of course, I said the same thing 6 months ago.
Import_sounds-of-mid-GA

Post by Import_sounds-of-mid-GA »

eewwwwww!! optima batt, msd wires, racing air filter, polished everything, nice radiator, blue block, non rusted oil cap, polished SUs, and all that nice paint surrounding the engine bay!!
Victor_laury

Post by Victor_laury »

pretty dam good job for not using a buffing wheel!
BTW, Howard, You could have came over to my place and used my arbors. I keep them set up for aluminum constantly.

It seems to me that you must have sworn off "polishing the chrome" and had to expend that pent up energy rubbing something else? :lol:
Howard R
Roadsteraholic

Post by Howard R »

Vic, I did try the buffing wheel on my drill. But trying to work around all the engine plumbing was a pain. As far as the "polishing the chrome", comment.....I have someone to do that for me. :twisted:
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Howard R
Roadsteraholic

Post by Howard R »

Alvin, I painted the breather with aluminum paint. Glad you guys like the result of my work. I put in a lot of time and effort. I'm very pleased with the outcome. It was a labor of love.
Here's another view of the engine.
Proud Roadster Owner
Import_sounds-of-mid-GA

Post by Import_sounds-of-mid-GA »

simply beautiful!! one question though.... did you paint behind the grill black???? :lol:
Howard R
Roadsteraholic

Post by Howard R »

Import_sounds-of-mid-GA wrote:simply beautiful!! one question though.... did you paint behind the grill black???? :lol:
The back of the grill has black small gauge wire screen attached to it.
dbrick
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by dbrick »

Very nicley done. I found a world of difference using a large diameter buffing wheel on a FAST buffing motor. I used my wood lathe on highest RPM with a 8 " wheel. The surface of the wheel is moving 3 to 5 times faster than most smaller wheels on a drill, and you can apply strong pressure without it slowing down. But yours was on the engine, so It's a moot point. I have a friend who uses somethiong called ZoopSeal after he polishes aluminum to seal it and prevent corrosion. I know it is big $$$, but he swears by it.

Either way, looks great.

Dave Brisco

Take my advice, I'm not using it"

66 2000 The Bobster
64 1500 in pieces for sale
1980 Fiat X1/9
2009 Volvo C-70
08 Expedition EL, STUPID huge but comfy
1962 Thompson Sea Lancer, possible money pit
Howard R
Roadsteraholic

Post by Howard R »

Thanks for the zoopseal info. I never heard of it, but will check it out.