Put part numbers and suppliers here!

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

jabel
Roadster Fanatic
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Competition Steering Wheel

Post by jabel »

I stumbled upon a listing for a reproduction Datsun competition steering wheel at a website https://jdm-car-parts.com/ wherein they claimed to be selling a re-pop of a Datsun steering wheel offered as an option from Datsun dealers...sounds awesome but having been burned a few times buying Datsun Roadster parts on-line I asked if it would be a simple part exchange on my 1969 SRL311? They assured me it would and sent a picture of the steering wheel installed in a right hand drive Roadster so I ordered one. I am here to tell you that I could not be happier with this steering wheel, it looks fantastic and was truly a remove the old and install the new with no adapters required. I've never figured out how to download pictures on this site but if I could I would love to show off this steering wheel. I think I may need to adjust or shave some material off of the steering column shroud due to minor rubbing but other than that it's a perfect fit. Take a look at the website and let me know if you have any questions or comments.
By the way their customer service was fantastic with quick replies to my questions and same day shipping.
66-SPL-02082
67-SPL-07016
Alvin
Roadster Nut-Site Supporter

Re: Competition Steering Wheel

Post by Alvin »

Alvin Gogineni
San Jose, CA
1967.5 SPL/SR20
1997 Acura Integra GS-R
2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
zcarblog.com
Instagram
YouTube
My SR20 Build Thread
jabel
Roadster Fanatic
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by jabel »

Thanks Alvin! I figured someone had found these before but I didn't find the thread. I did not receive any instructions with mine but did figure out the shroud issue and while addressing that I found the cancelling pins are off by 90 degrees/1/4 turn did you find that as well?
66-SPL-02082
67-SPL-07016
bakerjf
Site Supporter

Post by bakerjf »

Mine is the second picture. I found that if I didn’t want to alter my steering column shell, I had to fabricate a washer that slid on before the wheel, limiting its travel onto the shaft. Much better looking wheel than the original.
J. Baker
Lafayette, CA
'69 2000 (Solex)