Peel-Tek

Discussion for product reviews! Coming sooner or later.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

unklpat
Roadster Fanatic

Peel-Tek

Post by unklpat »

I went searching for an alternative to wrapping all of my brake and clutch lines in foil, or blue tape, prior to re-painting my engine compartment. I found this product, used it, and it was amazing. you paint it on, let it dry, do your thing with your paint, and peel it off. It can not get any easier to cover your brake lines, steering shaft, or any other small, close confined areas that you want to mask. Peel-Tek, you will be impressed. Pat
notoptoy
Vendor-Site Supporter

Re: Peel-Tek

Post by notoptoy »

Interesting stuff, mostly they seem to push it for construction, but they may be missing a big market in automotive. Roadster approved! :-)
https://peel-tek.com/
They fly by it in the video, but it seems you can spread out the use by using it as masking tape with paper - just do the edge and press paper in to cover large surfaces?? It seems to be a little pricey.
"When all else fails, force prevails!" Ummm, we're gonna need a bigger hammer here.

67.5 SPL311 H20 w/5 speed
65 Impala Convertible
2017 C43 AMG
unklpat
Roadster Fanatic

Post by unklpat »

The quart is $20, I hardly used any. It was so cool to just peel it off my fuel lines, and the junction where the steering shaft goes into the firewall. I wish I had used more. Pat
iloveredmeat
Roadster Nut-Site Supporter
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by iloveredmeat »

unklpat wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:23 pm I went searching for an alternative to wrapping all of my brake and clutch lines in foil, or blue tape, prior to re-painting my engine compartment. I found this product, used it, and it was amazing. you paint it on, let it dry, do your thing with your paint, and peel it off. It can not get any easier to cover your brake lines, steering shaft, or any other small, close confined areas that you want to mask. Peel-Tek, you will be impressed. Pat
Oooh. I like the look of this.

When I did my engine bay, this could have been useful for the brake lines. But I did like the aluminum foil for the wiring harness, because it compressed it all into one big mass, and then I just lifted it and bent it over stuff up hight to keep it up and out of the way when painting.

But I'm going to try this when I work on painting my frame. Did it stick to 'greasy stuff', or do you need to clean it pretty well for adherence?

Thanks,
pm
Peter
––
1967.5 1600 – Second Owner – Under Reconstruction
1970 Honda CT70
1953 Airstream 21' Flying Cloud – Second Owner
unklpat
Roadster Fanatic

Post by unklpat »

Just used a chip brush, gob it on, let it dry. Really cool when peeling it off. Pat
notoptoy
Vendor-Site Supporter

Post by notoptoy »

iloveredmeat wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:45 am
Did it stick to 'greasy stuff', or do you need to clean it pretty well for adherence?

Thanks,
pm
GREAT question!
"When all else fails, force prevails!" Ummm, we're gonna need a bigger hammer here.

67.5 SPL311 H20 w/5 speed
65 Impala Convertible
2017 C43 AMG
unklpat
Roadster Fanatic

Post by unklpat »

Not sure, but if you surround an area, and it dries, you are protected from overspray. For $20, it was a no brainer, and worked as expected. Pat