Powder Coating Inland Empire

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Dicksonauto
Roadster Fanatic

Powder Coating Inland Empire

Post by Dicksonauto »

Does anyone have recomendations for a powder coat shop in the Inland Empire. I would like a shop that could handle a frame.[/code]
Erik

Some people drive to go from point A to point B, I go from Point A to point B so I can drive.

1966 SPL Lucky
1966 Patrol Bones
1967 Patrol Link
1967.5 SPL Mugwomp
gmagana

Post by gmagana »

Eric, Where are you located?? Fairladyparts.com offers powdercoating services. Here is a link http://fairladyparts.com/page37.html
Thanks, Gerardo
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
gmagana

Post by gmagana »

Mark, I would like to clarify somethings. Sometimes things are lost in a short message. It would have been better for you to email me privately and ask me first before posting here. So let me clarify: I stated that fairladyparts.com offers powdercoating services, and we do this directly in order to help out the common cause, it is a plug I must admit. But we all must do what we need to do in order to promote the services that we offer, a common business practice. We are able to do this through our sister company in which I am a partial owner of. If you would like to send it there directly instead of fairladyparts.com that is fine, you still need to contact me as I am a partner there and handle some sales, especially all those that are roadster related. I will also try to give you a real competitive price. My other company, in which I own a share of is called Twin Leaf Industries. It is a full service machine shop. The Phone number is the same as my fairladyparts.com business for contact if you are trying to reach me. If you would like to look at my website for Twin leaf it is www.Twinleafmfg.com In addition Mark, it really isn't all about me, there is no "middleman" here, there is no undercoating going on at my garage (I think my wife and neighbors would be upset if I did that) It will be done through and at the Machine shop. Bill Kelly (my business partner at the machine shop) and I would be more than glad to assist in any type of Roadster manufacturing type of venture. Here at Fairladyparts it is about the car's and the solutions that meet the needs of people like you, our customers. By keeping all services inhouse we are able to offer better prices and greater value. I hope that you now understand my company a little more and that you can see that we are aiming at becoming a leader in Quality reproduction parts as well as offering low cost full restoration services. Please, by all means email me if you have any questions.
Thanks, Gerardo
Eric F

Inland Empire?

Post by Eric F »

where exactly is the "Inland Empire" Erik?? I'm sure we could find you a quality, reputatable powdercoating shop in your general area.

Eric
spl310
Roadster Guru
Location: In front of this keyboard... in Jacksonville, Florida!

Post by spl310 »

You know, perhaps it would be a good idea for those that know to suggest what to look for when shopping for a powder coating company. I don't have a clue what to ask for or what to look for in a finished product as I have not dealt with it. Sharing that knowledge would be a good thing, so those in the know, speak up!! :D
"Wow, a Roadster!" Stuart Little

1967.5 2000
1967.5 2000
1964 1500
1964 1500
1967.5 1600
1968 chassis
2006 Acura MDX
2013 Volkswagen Jetta TDI wagon
1995 F350 Powerstroke!
More...
Conner
Roadsteraholic
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by Conner »

Check out the operation--make sure their oven is big enough to accomodate what you are coating. Ask them how they prep parts for coating. They should have a sandblasting capability and also should describe how they do a final wash with detergent or degreaser prior to applying the coating. Ask them if they mask off the internal and external threads on parts if they don't offer that information. Ask them to see some parts they've just done that are awaiting pick-up--you can judge an awful lot just by randomly inspecting some parts by eye.
Andy Conner
SRL 311-01633
Cherry Blossom

Post by Cherry Blossom »

what should one expect to pay for an "okay" powdercoat job on the whole frame?
ppeters914
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by ppeters914 »

Still waiting to learn what the Inland Empire is...... :?
Pete
-------------------------------------
'67 1600 - frame off started in 2014. Now I know why roadster projects take so long. What a stupid idea. :smt021
'66 1600 - parts car
'66 WPL411 ***SOLD***
A couple of Porsches, a RAV4 Hybrid, and a motorcycle
67 1/2 1600

Post by 67 1/2 1600 »

Inland of california. its a area such as SF bay area and such. Citys such as riverside, san bernandino are in the inland area IIRC
Conner
Roadsteraholic
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by Conner »

I got a really good deal on my frame, paid $300 cash for blasting and coating of the frame and major suspension parts. The guy who hooked me up was a z-Car guy himself that cut me a break as a fellow Datsun-lover.
I imagine that, in an open market, a frame would typically be between $300-$500 depending on labor costs/where you are in the world. You will probably get a better deal on a big batch of parts than you would taking in several small batches of parts.
Andy Conner
SRL 311-01633
datsun65
Roadsteraholic
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by datsun65 »

The inland Empire, is a specific area.... including the cities of Riverside, San Bernardino, Moreno Valley, Upland and others.
Dan
Houston, TX