S14 SR20 Manifold, help with pricing

Discuss engine swap details here!

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Jdflyer
Roadster Fanatic

S14 SR20 Manifold, help with pricing

Post by Jdflyer »

So because of the current pandemic I haven't spent much on building my SR20 engine. This has allowed me sometime to think about how I would like to actually have the engine built and spend time researching how to solve some problems that would be presenting themselves in the future. I have decided to sell the complete manifold for the engine and was wondering if some of you might chime in for what would be a reasonable price to ask.

Things that need to be done:
  1. Throttle Body to Plenum Gasket (missing)
  2. AAC Valve Gasket (missing)
  3. Oring on fuel pressure regulator (was not removed during plating, appeared to be in decent condition still so lubed and installed but would replace)
  4. 1 injector tip had the plastic crack, I do not know if it is usable or not
  5. Jam nut Throttle Body Idle Stop (plater lost)
  6. clean intake to engine manifold surface
If I were keeping it I would also:
  1. Replace the Fuel Pressure Regulator, IAC, & AAC
  2. Paint, PC or Plate the AAC Valve assembly
  3. Paint, PC or Plate the 4 Fuel Injector Caps
  4. Clear coat or PC the Cast Aluminum to keep the AL looking pretty
Thanks for the input:
IMG_0042.jpg
IMG_0041.jpg
IMG_0040.jpg
IMG_0039.jpg
IMG_0038.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1970 SPL 311-29311
Phoenix, AZ
beebo
Roadster Fanatic
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Re: S14 SR20 Manifold, help with pricing

Post by beebo »

I know this is a late reply, but I would ask $500 as it is, and be pretty firm on it. Don't expect it to sell very quick though. It is a beautiful manifold, but the SR20 crowd can be a bunch of cheapskates for the most part. Aside from the type of people on this forum that are doing ultra-clean OEM SR20 swaps, most people needing a manifold will either pay $100-$150 for a dirty old oem manifold and slap it in their drift-missle, or spend a bit more and run an aftermarket one with top feed injectors and the IACV blocked off just because. I would finish it out and hang on to it if you think you will use it. Nice work!