Rear shoes on correctly?

Since the old single thread was getting too long again. Creating a new forum where you can ask your questions and if you get them answered -please indicate the issue was resolved or not.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Zer0Evo
Roadster Newby
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Rear shoes on correctly?

Post by Zer0Evo »

I think this is right but I'll defer to the experts. These are the Napa shoes for a 510 (TS359A). Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Emile

67 1600 - Work in progress
06 Evo IX - Daily driver
Raleigh, NC
itsa68
Roadsteraholic
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Re: Rear shoes on correctly?

Post by itsa68 »

I believe the rule is: The towards the front of the car is always the smallest...the trailing shoe is the one towards the rear of the car and always has the most material on it..

Cheers
Ray B.
Thats not a R16 death rattle....its a dried leaf hitting my heater blower fan.
1968 SPL311 non-smog
Zer0Evo
Roadster Newby
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Re: Rear shoes on correctly?

Post by Zer0Evo »

Thanks Ray,

I've also heard that rule of thumb but all the shoes appear to have the same surface area (LxW), which was partially why I was unsure about the fitment. However, it seems like I might have a different (related?) issue because the drum won't rotate on the driver side when I put it on there. Without it, the axle is able to rotate freely so maybe I need to get the drum turned? The brake shoe adapter is fully contracted so I'm not sure what else could be causing that amount of friction to the system.

Update - quick wire wheel to the rust took care of it. Drums now rotate freely.

Emile
Emile

67 1600 - Work in progress
06 Evo IX - Daily driver
Raleigh, NC