Curiosity

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

70MTroadster

Curiosity

Post by 70MTroadster »

I just bought a 70 1600 Roadster.

I've been checking clubs to belong to here in the NW.

NOWROC includes Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, Washington and Canada.

WYCROC includes Wyoming and Colorado.

I checked the lists for both orginizations and nobody belongs from MT.

WYCROC says they don't care where you are from, you can be a member.

Should I be trying to start a MTROC? Are there no MT owners ? Or are they just happy to be anonymous? Or, more likely, have we set our clock back 50 years due to the fact we live in MT and nobody owns a computer so they are ignorant of clubs?

Curious as to 311s.org thoughts on this subject........;-)

scott
S Allen
Site Admin
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

RE:Clubs

Post by S Allen »

The problem with roadster clubs is getting people together. We have 12 members in the skid marks. I am lucky if I get four to come out for a run. People have regular lives and getting together may not be tops on their list. BADROC has not had a run since Solvang that I know about. Me, I am ready to go any time rain or shine but I am pretty fanatical about getting together. Maybe too much so but boy is it fun when it happens. There are not many roadsters registered from Montana-as a matter of fact-I believe you are it. I have never met any of the guys from WyCROC but they all seem to be pretty good people as most roadster folk are by nature. You should hook up with them when you can. You can always be a skid mark too if you like. I would like to see the AZROC, TDROC and WyCROC clubs get a meet together like Solvang or Shasta. I would go just to meet some of the people in person but again that is just me. I like taking road trips in the purple beast. How about it people? Eric, you out there? :lol: Heck, start amother club if you want. There is no one to tell you you cannot.

Steve