70 locking gas cap and fill tube

Since the old single thread was getting too long again. Creating a new forum where you can ask your questions and if you get them answered -please indicate the issue was resolved or not.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

GoldHawg
Roadsteraholic

70 locking gas cap and fill tube

Post by GoldHawg »

I am making a custom SS gas tank for my 69 and am considering going to the 70 style which I understand has a sealed cap, which I would like. I'm likely going to be using the IIMuch system in my trunk https://www.iimuch.com/collections/fuel ... /fuelvent2 , combined with a sealed gas cap. I am currently planning on a vent port up near the tank fill, and one back in the driver front side of the tank, and I'll tee them together to go into the IIMuch canister which will be in the trunk. If you have a 70 and can show me a picture of the fill tube that connects; I'm trying to understand how the vent works with that. TIA
RustyBucket
Roadster Fanatic
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Re: 70 locking gas cap and fill tube

Post by RustyBucket »

Have you gotten the info you need and or photos of the ‘70 vent system and rear vapor tank ?
GoldHawg
Roadsteraholic

Re: 70 locking gas cap and fill tube

Post by GoldHawg »

I found enough to be able to design my system; don't remember where I found it but I did. You can see in my build thread how I built the tank.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=25214&start=60