Seat warmers

Discussion for product reviews! Coming sooner or later.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Gregs672000
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Seat warmers

Post by Gregs672000 »

Greetings gang, I just installed some seat warmers into my otherwise unheated Roadster (no heater core etc in it). This is what I got, $30 bucks each, along with a cigarette lighter splitter to run both sides and charge my phone (s) at the same time for $17:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018M ... UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FD ... UTF8&psc=1

The splitter is a bit large, and with my cig lighter socket location (which may not be stock) it gets a bit in the way of the shifter, but it has some adjustability so it should work. It is high quality and has on/off switches for both sides and is fused.

The warmers fit easily and well on my stock seats and add just a bit of extra comfort without being overly fluffy. Once in position, they don't slide around at all. I have not had a chance to use them for real, but they seem to warm up quickly and will hopefully take the edge off any polar bear runs. We have used an electric blanket in the past with limited success, and it broke the other day which prompted this purchase. I'll give more feedback on effectiveness when I get some seat time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greg Burrows
'67 2000 #588
Tacoma, WA
theunz
Roadster Nut-Site Supporter
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Re: Seat warmers

Post by theunz »

Looks like a quick and easy way to get some comfort on a chilly day. I'm sure the added padding is welcome as well. I did the heated inserts when I recovered my seats, but wouldn't want to take the covers off just to add the inserts. This looks like a great solution for those that want it quick and easy. Cheap too :D .... I bet you just sold a few more sets for them : :mrgreen:
PS. Bet Linda could use those and her blanket!
Mike M

Old enough to know better, too old to remember why!

1969 2000 solex mine since 1972, under resurrection. (Finally resurrected as of spring 2019!)
1969 Porsche 911s -worth more, but not as valuable! Gone!
2017 Lotus Evora 400 - Oh my!!
Linda
Fraternal Den Mother-RIP
Model: 1500/1600

Post by Linda »

Looking forward to some colder weather, it is 85 and windy...
Those seat warmers look cozy. Nice idea for cold weather fun runs
Linda
Sadly-Linda has passed away 2022. She was the 311's den mother and drove the first Rare-Parts ball joint project. RIP.
redroadster
Roadsteraholic
Model: 1500/1600

Post by redroadster »

How many amps?
OEMs are high amps. for a 311
Datsun dealer tech 76 to 87
Mitsubishi tech 9 yrs
Volvo, Kia, Toyota too
6 month - Rolls Royce
ASE MASTER TECH 96. - 11
70 SPL 86 Z31 T , Sportster
Gregs672000
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by Gregs672000 »

redroadster wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:07 pm How many amps?
OEMs are high amps. for a 311
Per the manual, current consumption is 2.6 A max, power consumption is approximately 31 Watts.
I had concerns pulling "high power" from the cig lighter, even though my car has been rewired by Curtis with an aftermarket wiring kit. The adaptor has a digital display that shows battery power, showing 12.4 when off, dropping to 11.3 with the warmer on with the engine off. When cycling through the warmers different settings you can see the draw change accordingly. I'm not worried about demands on the system as I run a 60amp GM alt, but was concerned about too much demand on the wire itself. Both the warmer and the adaptors have 10amp fuses.
Greg Burrows
'67 2000 #588
Tacoma, WA