Put part numbers and suppliers here!

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

bajaroadster
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

fog lights

Post by bajaroadster »

My buddy backed into my 67 1/2 1600 and took out my fog lights. Good news is that they were aftermarket and his bumper was just the right height to get ONLY the fog lights and not my bumper or the grill. Now i'm looking for new aftermarket fog lights and recommended vendors. Im hoping for plug and play without any modifications to wiring or mounting. Currently using what I assume are original single post mounting holes and wiring is currently two wires to drivers side light and single wire to passenger side. Lights are still operated by stock toggle switch on dash. I did a forum search but wound up down a rabbit hole. Suggestions greatly appreciated.
Ive seen normal. It aint pretty.
Mackn367
Site Supporter

Re: fog lights

Post by Mackn367 »

Hey there. I have fog lights on my 67.5 that are also controlled by the stock toggle switch. I'll be working on my car this Wed so if you don't have an answer by then I'll let you know how mine are set up (they are also aftermarket but installed by PO so I'm not quite sure the models/set up)
Nick
1967.5 Roadster 1600
VIN: SPL311-13038
Orange County, CA
devo
Roadsteraholic

Post by devo »

bajaroadster wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:41 pm My buddy backed into my 67 1/2 1600 and took out my fog lights. Good news is that they were aftermarket and his bumper was just the right height to get ONLY the fog lights and not my bumper or the grill. Now i'm looking for new aftermarket fog lights and recommended vendors. Im hoping for plug and play without any modifications to wiring or mounting. Currently using what I assume are original single post mounting holes and wiring is currently two wires to drivers side light and single wire to passenger side. Lights are still operated by stock toggle switch on dash. I did a forum search but wound up down a rabbit hole. Suggestions greatly appreciated.

Here is a previous discussion on aftermarket replacements:

http://www.311s.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... le#p130155
jrusso07
Roadsteraholic
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by jrusso07 »

I run Notek amber fogs on two of my high windshield cars. Connects right up to factory switch (rotated the head lamp switch). Here is are some pics from an auction that has ended https://sg.carousell.com/p/nos-vintage- ... 789/photos
Joe

1969 SRL311 - Solex
1970 SPL311 - U20 mod
1970 SRL311
bakerjf
Site Supporter

Post by bakerjf »

I have a pair of nearly NOS “Vinytop” lights (less than 500 miles), with their original boxes, that I’m getting ready to put up on EBay soon. They were made in Japan and a popular aftermarket option for Japanese cars back in the 60’s/70’s. In fact, there was a Datsun wagon at JAI in Pebble Beach this year that had them, but they were missing the black textured vinyl that cover the back. These are perfect. They are a one-wire deal that plugs directly into the stock harness (the ground comes from the body itself). They look pretty cool, and are vintage...but not cheap - $200. I’m only letting them go because I scored some Everwings.
63315DBA-5B76-4BC8-B16D-B4ED2126A58D.jpeg

Let me know if you are interested.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
J. Baker
Lafayette, CA
'69 2000 (Solex)
bajaroadster

Post by bajaroadster »

I ordered some very nice lights from thehotrodcompany.com . Nice quality for a reasonable price. (32.95 ea,) Take a look at the website if you are searching for vintage style fog lights.
dads311

Post by dads311 »

Hey Baja, I recently put fog lights on my car. I got them from Speedway for about what you paid. I think they add to the front of the car.
fog lights.jpg
fog lights 1.jpg

I used the wire from the switch to control a relay so I don't have that extra current going through the car switch. I installed a fused power strip so the currrent goes from the battery to the strip to the relay and then to the lights.
fuse strip.jpg
Now there is just enough current going through the switch to operate the relay.

By the way did you ever get your brakes figured out?

Mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike
rebuilt dads 67.5 1600
1952 GMC 302ci 6cyl w/cam and 3 deuces
1965 Mustang (Wife's)
1971 Nova (Son Claimed)
bajaroadster

Post by bajaroadster »

Looks good dads311. I may have figured out the brake issue. Short test drive yesterday without problems. Im taking it into town today for a longer shakedown. (16 miles round trip) Fingers crossed. Will update results in the ongoing "How to adjust brake pedal" thread. Thanks for asking.
bajaroadster

Post by bajaroadster »

Heres the fog lights on the car from www.thehotrodcompany.com . Nice quality chrome and period correct.