Ignition coil wire up. please help

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Datsundude
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Datsundude »

I think what you said is correct. Swapping the plug wires at distributor cap really ruin the firing order.
I will follow your procedure. thanks
I’m taking half day off from work and head to my storage and work my car. Saturday is the only time I have to
Work on my car the rest of the time is work and family time.

I will post next week to let you guys what the outcome. Thanks all again for the help
Datsundude
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Datsundude »

Thanks everyone for help, the motor did fire up after I followed your procedure.
Motor fire up but idle very high, I suspect a leak at some where but that’s not what I’m concerning now.
My goal was to get the motor fire up and thanks all for the suggestions it did.

Now I need to find out why there is no gas going to the carburetor, checked the fuel filter and its clean. Checked all fuel line all OK.
Carburetor assembly looks good. Here is the problem; the fuel pump is not drawing fuel for the fuel tank, anyone knows why?
So I removed the fuel pump off the motor and perform test. I connected a fuel line from the fuel filter to the fuel pump inlet and operate rocker arm by hand, Fuel did drawing up when I released the rocker arm, there is gas coming out from the fuel pump outlet. So I’m sure the fuel pump is still good however when fuel pump is put back on to motor it’s not pumping any fuel no gas, anyone have any suggestions? Did I install incorrectly? It seem like the fuel pump rocker is not activated by crank shaft. Any have any suggestion on what should I do?
By the way this a mechanical fuel pump I’m using NOT an electrical pump.

thanks
Import_sounds-of-mid-GA

Post by Import_sounds-of-mid-GA »

if it is the one from advance auto, or the one that is on the parts list on here didnt work with my 69 2000. The arm was too short....might wanna check it out, i had to order one from datsunparts.com, it was $75?
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Import_sounds-of-mid-GA

Post by Import_sounds-of-mid-GA »

i tried it w/ and w/o the spacer... neither worked