U20 2000 Performance Solex Header Special Run 7 Left

A spot for any one considering making or selling reproduction parts-please put parts for sale in the vendors ad section

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Datsunparts.comInc
Roadsteraholic

Re: U20 2000 Performance Solex Header Special Run 7 Left

Post by Datsunparts.comInc »

I sold the last one of these headers yesterday. I will be out of the 1 5/8" diameter tube U20 until September 5th 2019. I do have 1 production sample I hold onto that Dave Rebello approved for fitment that if someone really needs I can sell in the meantime.

Dean
New Shopping cart web-site. More parts on display in our showroom than most vendors carry in their entire inventory! 2900 active parts numbers in our catalog. 2020 Inventory piece count- 96,155 parts on hand! "Shop A Movie" at our web-site
RCMike
Roadsteraholic

Post by RCMike »

Have not read this thread in a while, I have to say it is in rather poor taste to go into someone else's for sale thread and try to pump your product.

Make yourself your own thread, and pump your product. I just do not see how this is even sorta cool..
Datsunparts.comInc
Roadsteraholic

RC mike I hope you are not referring to me as I started this particular thread.

D-
New Shopping cart web-site. More parts on display in our showroom than most vendors carry in their entire inventory! 2900 active parts numbers in our catalog. 2020 Inventory piece count- 96,155 parts on hand! "Shop A Movie" at our web-site
Datsunparts.comInc
Roadsteraholic

I just received today 23 more of these headers. For those of you that pre-ordered when I was out of stock I have billed and shipped your header today.

Thanks, Dean
RCMike
Roadsteraholic

Post by RCMike »

Absolutely not.

You came here to offer something for sale. The person who jumped in your thread is the person I was referring to. I think it would have been a better move by them to open their own thread and sell their product..

Just my opinion..
Datsunparts.comInc
Roadsteraholic

I'm not worried about it Mike. The product he referenced seems to be hand built in small quantities, nor is it here in the states and its twice the price.
From what was said it supplies more hp, but people have to decide if its worth the extra bucks and shipping to get it here to the states. I also saw a response to someones query regarding the performance increase, but not an actual dyno sheet showing a before and after increase much as was reported to me by reliable and ethical sources. Even with a small increase people have to decide whether the expense is worth it. It certainly is an eye catcher and beautifully done. That may be enough to buy just on bleam alone.
Meanwhile this one keeps selling and people are happy with it and I'm glad the development of this product is working out for us.

D-
mrwierdwrench
Roadster Nut

Post by mrwierdwrench »

Hi Dean, I might be an idiot, or maybe not reading properly, but there are two headers pictured in the original post(?) Which one is the one available?
69 datsun 2000, 74 lotus europa tc special (x2),79 yamaha daytona special, 85 alfa romeo gtv6, 86 alfa romeo gtv6, 91 alfa romeo 164s 2017 Volvo V60 Polestar
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

Post by SLOroadster »

Which version are you selling? The silver one that looks like a standard Tri-Mill or the black one?
Sorry, I find modern engine swaps revolting. Keep your G, R, or U series in your Roadster!
Datsunparts.comInc
Roadsteraholic

Let me answer both questions: 1st: If you read deeper into the long text at part #1900, sorry I needed to explain a lot of details at this part number, you will see that the black header is one produced in Australia that would give better performance than ours. It is a fully tuned header, nice piece twice the price of ours.
2nd: The answer is no. The thermal coated header pictured is not a regular Tri-Mil 1 5/8" tube header. The easy way to tell the difference between ours and theirs is to look closely at the header plate. By the way, I don't think Tri-mil is producing the 1 5/8" tube diameter any longer for the U20.
Our 1 5/8" tube header does not have any welded on tabs to make the header plate thicker in the areas necessary to match the intake manifold thickness. You see Tri-mil doesn't have a laser cutting machine that will cut 15mm header plate so they cut a thinner one and have to weld on tabs to get it right.
Ours is a cleaner look and also clears the Solex intake manifold. No grinding required.
Did you see that this header is on sale for rewards customers and also for non rewards 311 customers until Feb 15th? Its an awesome deal.
Look here for the sale price: www.datsunparts.com/2875

Dean