Passing Of Ed Johnson - Datsun Racer, Mechanic & Father

A place to pay tribute to fallen folks

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Datsunparts.comInc
Roadsteraholic

Passing Of Ed Johnson - Datsun Racer, Mechanic & Father

Post by Datsunparts.comInc »

Today Ed Johnson passed away. Ed was well known in the Datsun racing community during the seventies and eighties. A fearless and talented driver. When Ed would talk about his experiences while driving in some top races around the country somehow everyone around him would become involved as if they were in the car with him. He had a magnetic personality when he was in the best of moods and often we all wanted to be included.
I met Ed 34 years ago when he owned Ed's Place in North Hollywood. Ed taught me a great deal about Datsun Roadsters. Carl, his co worker now long deceased, had worked at Tilton Engineering worked closely with Ed and was a mechanic of great knowledge and ingenuity. Ed had worked at Rising Sun, a repair facility, in Culver city, California before opening his own shop.
What I liked about Ed was his resilience, his tenacity and his ability to be transparent and easily share his knowledge. Yes there were many times and ways that Ed could push buttons in the best of us. He will be missed and I thank him for his generosity of spirit often expressed that I was witness to and often missed by the world.
He his survived by his two daughters.

Dean
New Shopping cart web-site. More parts on display in our showroom than most vendors carry in their entire inventory! 2900 active parts numbers in our catalog. 2020 Inventory piece count- 96,155 parts on hand! "Shop A Movie" at our web-site
amazgjoe
Roadster Fanatic
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Re: Passing Of Ed Johnson - Datsun Racer, Mechanic & Father

Post by amazgjoe »

Condolences to his family. RIP Mr Johnson.
1967 1600 (Doris)
1967 1600 restored (Former Linusrp)
1987 Porsche 924s
2004 Ralliart Lancer
jrusso07
Roadsteraholic
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by jrusso07 »

Sorry to hear of Ed’s passing. People like Ed made these cars great. I offer my sincere thanks to Ed for that because I love these cars and their heritage.

Rest In Peace, Ed
Joe

1969 SRL311 - Solex
1970 SPL311 - U20 mod
1970 SRL311
Gregs672000
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by Gregs672000 »

Well said Dean. Condolences to the family, and now a few more souls in the universe will learn about Roadsters.
Greg Burrows
'67 2000 #588
Tacoma, WA