Can we move this cable???

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

nolastyankee
Roadster Fanatic

Re: Can we move this cable???

Post by nolastyankee »

Turns out motorcycle throttle cables are already made with 90 degree adapters. Try something like this in the existing cable stop on the intake manifold. Cable should route along the valve cover parallel to the choke cable.
7DD184D8-DFC7-45CF-AA16-64895592C236.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
greydog
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Re: Can we move this cable???

Post by greydog »

I was wondering the same thing.
I think you would have to change the pedal pivot arm so that the arm came up right next to the pedal. Then put a hole thru the firewall. Run the cable down the side of the cam cover and onto the throttle linkage. You'd need to fabricate a couple of supports so there isn't too much flex and the cable would be making a fairly sharp turn so would have to be in very good shape.
I don't know if the sharper turn would offset the drag of the additional footage of cable and the fireweall pivot that you'd eliminate. You'd also loose your hand throttle (if that's an issue for you).
Interesting idea and fun to think about. I have lots of things to fix on both cars before I would start to fiddle with this but kind of fun to think about.
Dan
SPL311 aka Skooter. Sold. Now wasting away in the SF area.
1990 Nissan 300zx. Sold this one too.
2018 VW Tiguan