Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Bigtaku
Roadster Fanatic
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Re: AC for SR20DE swap

Post by Bigtaku »

IMG_4076 for 311.jpg
Update to my system. I never posted that I cleaned up my steering shaft. It is double D all the way now to the electric power steering, passing through a heim joint. I have no issues with it getting close to the compressor. The rest of you out there with the body not lifted slightly higher will not have this issue and will not need this steering shaft change. I have been driving around Florida with cold air blowing in my face for a week. I love it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael Montez
Bigtaku
Roadster Fanatic
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by Bigtaku »

IMG_1348 (1).jpg
IMG_1376 (1).jpg
Just a few other photos to my Vintage Air set up that should be on this thread. As you can see I added extra room for hoses as they come in from the passenger wheel well. Also I have a welded box added to the top of the Mini Gen 2 so all the air comes out horizontally toward the rear of the car, not to top vertically. This added a lot of room for the passengers feet.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael Montez
GoldHawg
Roadsteraholic

Post by GoldHawg »

AC guys--any comment on the hose hookup? I think I can get away with this--the fill tube barely slips by but it does go on. I still have access to the bolts for the AC compressor. Anything I'm not considering with this fitment?
notoptoy
Vendor-Site Supporter

Post by notoptoy »

The hose to the right with the red cap Looks like it would rub on the body there, at least in that picture. Just want to make sure that if the engine rocks when started or under low that it doesn’t rub a hole in your line.
"When all else fails, force prevails!" Ummm, we're gonna need a bigger hammer here.

67.5 SPL311 H20 w/5 speed
65 Impala Convertible
2017 C43 AMG
GoldHawg
Roadsteraholic

Post by GoldHawg »

Good point...thats one of the reasons I'm trying to keep it so tight (i.e., more pointed to the radiator). I think I will put a nutsert there and have a rubber cable clamp that will allow movement (not tight) but keep it from moving too far.