More posting pics/images issues

Any issues you have please report them here!

Moderators: S Allen, Solex68

ppeters914
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

More posting pics/images issues

Post by ppeters914 »

Couple of issues.

When I quote a post, it doesn't include any images. How can I include images from other posts? Doesn't seem to be a working URL now that we can just attach pics, and no more Gallery. Wrapping the "attachment" text with the IMG tag doesn't work either.

Also, when I attach pics, they look fine in the Preview, but any text after the image is to the right of the image instead of below it. How do you force a line break or paragraph?
Pete
-------------------------------------
'67 1600 - frame off started in 2014. Now I know why roadster projects take so long. What a stupid idea. :smt021
'66 1600 - parts car
'66 WPL411 ***SOLD***
A couple of Porsches, a RAV4 Hybrid, and a motorcycle
Nissanman

Re: More posting pics/images issues

Post by Nissanman »

Part 2 of your question: I hit the "ENTER" key [hard return] a few times to separate the text from the picture.
It works but there must be an underlying problem as you say.
Nissanman, just trying to help.
1965 SP310 Engine No. G-93326 Car No. SP310-10817
https://photos.shutterfly.com/album/60141836519
On the road again!
Alvin
Roadster Nut-Site Supporter

Post by Alvin »

Pete,
As an example I am quoting one of RCMike's posts (first member to use 311s.org gallery that comes to mind).
Here is the direct link to the post:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=30146&hilit=road+atlanta#p276176

There are (2) images that he embeds from the 311s.org gallery in this post. When I hit "quote" this is what appears:
RCMike wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 1:45 am Friday night, we accomplished one of my missions for the weekend..

During the research for the car, we had understood there was a relationship between Rock Vest and Jim Fitzgerald. When we realized just how far back they went, and why, I wanted to put Rock's car in the Fitzy park at Road Atlanta for photos.. The door had carried a 4 leaf clover and the name Fitz forever. As the party started Friday night, someone moved the tractor blocking the entrance to the park, so I drove the car in and set up the shot. Andy took the photo..

Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 12.41.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 9.35.05 PM.png

As we brought the car back to the pits, The Z Car Garage guys were finishing up for the night.. Engine had not seen fuel since the late 70s.. a nice afternoon of work and..

http://vimeo.com/268523869

Looks like John Morton would be driving the rest of the weekend after all..
If I want those (2) images to show up, I have to use the "image address", and then they will show up in the quote:
RCMike wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 1:45 am Friday night, we accomplished one of my missions for the weekend..

During the research for the car, we had understood there was a relationship between Rock Vest and Jim Fitzgerald. When we realized just how far back they went, and why, I wanted to put Rock's car in the Fitzy park at Road Atlanta for photos.. The door had carried a 4 leaf clover and the name Fitz forever. As the party started Friday night, someone moved the tractor blocking the entrance to the park, so I drove the car in and set up the shot. Andy took the photo..

As we brought the car back to the pits, The Z Car Garage guys were finishing up for the night.. Engine had not seen fuel since the late 70s.. a nice afternoon of work and..

http://vimeo.com/268523869

Looks like John Morton would be driving the rest of the weekend after all..
Alvin Gogineni
San Jose, CA
1967.5 SPL/SR20
1997 Acura Integra GS-R
2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
zcarblog.com
Instagram
YouTube
My SR20 Build Thread
RCMike
Roadsteraholic

Post by RCMike »

They used to follow the quotes when I remote hosted them, but I am not playing the remote hosting game right now, so..lol
S Allen
Site Admin

Post by S Allen »

I am looking into this. Might be from the server move or from the software upgrade.

S
66 Stroker-Going Orange
67 SRL311-00279-resto project
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 2WD Hauler
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
ppeters914

Post by ppeters914 »

Hi Alvin,

Yes, I understand you need the image address, but you didn't before when quoting, which, now that I think about it, isn't necessisarily a bad thing. Too often, someone will quote a post with a ton of pics just to say "Nice work!" Pretty soon, the thread is pages and pages long with the same pics quoted again and again. Maybe including the pics when quoting needs to be optional.

The other thing is that I swear when right-clicking the image, I didn't get a useful URL to throw IMG tags around. However, I just tested it again on several posts, and it's working.

That said, AFAIK, the Gallery disappeared during one of the recent server and/or forum software updates. I have no idea where the pics I previously or recently uploaded reside. Maybe I don't need to. :?

Maybe I should get my butt back in the garage, eh?
Pete
-------------------------------------
'67 1600 - frame off started in 2014. Now I know why roadster projects take so long. What a stupid idea. :smt021
'66 1600 - parts car
'66 WPL411 ***SOLD***
A couple of Porsches, a RAV4 Hybrid, and a motorcycle