seat covers

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Roadster-Boy
Roadster Nut

seat covers

Post by Roadster-Boy »

Hi All --

Has anyone had any luck finding a set of quality seat covers? My seats are starting to show some wear and I'd like to protect them with something that fits well and looks sharp. I'm open to leather, or even simulated leather if they're done right (I'm looking for two-tone: Red and Black). Is there another car model's seat that is similar enough that covers made for that style will fit the Roadster?

Thanks for any info in advance.

-- Geoff
Third gear ROCKS!!
RoadsterYosh1

Post by RoadsterYosh1 »

Hi Geoff, you may want to try one of the listed vendors (http://www.311s.org/vendors.html),
they will have or can make whatever conbo you are interested in doing.

Yosh
datsun65
Roadsteraholic
Model: 2000
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by datsun65 »

I'd recommend going with one of the vendors in a more "stock" type of seat cover.

However...here is an alternative. About 3 years back, my father had a new Nissan Sentra which he HATED the cooky graphic design pattern fabric on the seats. He went to a local seat cover shop which specialized in making semi custom seat covers. They took a somewhat generic (but close fit) seat cover, then tailored (cut & Sew) the cover to fit the seat.

The finished product looked pretty good. Many folks thought it was factory. I think my dad had the front buckets and rear bench done for about $200.
Dan
Houston, TX
Victor_laury

Post by Victor_laury »

I think we have a communication glich. He wants covers to cover the covers cause his covers look too new to recover!

Geoff, For a few hundred we recover our seats with replica covers.

I can't seem to get them to last more than a couple years! Maybe I should look for covers to cover my covers too! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Does that about cover it?
Roadster-Boy
Roadster Nut

seat covers

Post by Roadster-Boy »

Victor's right -- I don't need new seats, and the seats don't need to be re-upholstered -- I need seat covers that fit roadster seats. I don't think any of the vendors offer seat covers. Thanks for the response though, folks -- I'll keep looking.....

Geoff
Third gear ROCKS!!
Victor_laury

Post by Victor_laury »

You mean I can be right AND silly? Never knew I was so talented!