What Brand Shocks Do You Run?

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Dave
Turbo Powered
Location: In the refrigerator, to the left of the mayonnaise, behind the pickles and beer.

Post by Dave »

Vic, do you have a line on the part number for the Carreras?
Dave Kaplan

68 2000 Roadster - Now with GT2560R power!
SR20-DET: 223 rwhp, 222 lb-ft.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/698904
ppeters914
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by ppeters914 »

Dave,

I did a quick search on "Carrera". Here's the link to the earlier thread I was talkin' 'bout. A great discussion on what works with what and includes links/part numbers for the Carreras:

http://www.311s.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2442
Pete
-------------------------------------
'67 1600 - frame off started in 2014. Now I know why roadster projects take so long. What a stupid idea. :smt021
'66 1600 - parts car
'66 WPL411 ***SOLD***
A couple of Porsches, a RAV4 Hybrid, and a motorcycle
Dave
Turbo Powered
Location: In the refrigerator, to the left of the mayonnaise, behind the pickles and beer.

Post by Dave »

Nice. Thanks Pete!
Dave Kaplan

68 2000 Roadster - Now with GT2560R power!
SR20-DET: 223 rwhp, 222 lb-ft.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/698904
dbrick

Post by dbrick »

When you say bouncy is it too stiff on compression, or is there a lack of dampening letting the springs bounce excessivly? One requires less dampening, the other more. Mine rides very heavily dampened on rebound, but compression isn't tooth jarring. actually, with the suspension only moving an inch or two, the ride is suprisingly good considering the spring rate. The only noticible thing is on large bumps the rebound is so stiff the car stops rising quickly and I bounce up off the seat. I'm only about 145 pounds, I'm used to being tossed about. My car has only had about 20 miles on it in I'm guessing 5-10 years, so the shocks might loosen a bit with use.

Questions
If you get a shock that is too soft on compression with comp springs, wouldn't it let the car bottom out on the stops even easier?

What shock did Nissan reccomend with comp springs?

Dave Brisco

Take my advice, I'm not using it"

66 2000 The Bobster
64 1500 in pieces for sale
1980 Fiat X1/9
2009 Volvo C-70
08 Expedition EL, STUPID huge but comfy
1962 Thompson Sea Lancer, possible money pit
Victor_laury

Post by Victor_laury »

The gas-a-just have no rebound damping at all, It's all compression. That's my bounce.
dbrick

Post by dbrick »

Now that you mention it, I remember that, Had them on a Jeep, jarring on sharp bumps.
So in your case, exactly the opposite of me, I'm guessing the GR2 or similar might actually be better?
This is always going to be a taste issue also, some feel it's not high performance unless your vision blurs on rough pavment, others are willing to give up the last few percent of performance for a nice ride.

Dave Brisco

Take my advice, I'm not using it"

66 2000 The Bobster
64 1500 in pieces for sale
1980 Fiat X1/9
2009 Volvo C-70
08 Expedition EL, STUPID huge but comfy
1962 Thompson Sea Lancer, possible money pit
JoeK
Roadster Fanatic

Post by JoeK »

I'm running the Koni gas-a-justs as well and am very happy with the way the car handles, except for the crappy mud and snow tires I have on there now.

I'm not sure what springs I have on there now, but I suspect they are cut down stock springs.
Joe
Former owner of:
'68 2L
BLK SRL
sold 12-11-2012
Andy Ross

Post by Andy Ross »

Hi,
I have picked up a set of Koni adjustable shocks for the front of my roadster. They are different in colour to all of the other Koni shocks i have seen. They are the classic line of sports shocks, black in colour as opposed to the usuall red and white. They are not on the car yet so i hope they are correct.
Andy