2017 Crescent Beach Concours d'Elegance

Current Scheduled Events Will Be Listed Here

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

rdws00
Roadster Newby

2017 Crescent Beach Concours d'Elegance

Post by rdws00 »

This is a little past tense, but posting anyways. The 2017 Crescent Beach Concours d'Elegance in South Surrey, BC was held this Saturday, Sept. 2

https://crescentbeachconcours.com/

This is a NAACC officially sanctioned Concours event, featuring judges from Pebble Beach and other premium Concours events. Participation is by invitation only. For the first time they featured a Post War Japanese Import class as one of their eight judged classes. My recently completed stock 69 1600 was invited to participate as one of 7 hand picked entries to this class. An honor just to be there. Cars are judged on originality, fit and finish, significance, presence, etc.

At the end of the day my 1600 was chosen as First in Class, earning a place in the winner's circle amongst some absolutely iconic cars. Best in show ended up going to a $26 million yellow Ferrari.

This was an exciting event to participate in, and I think it bodes well for our cars to be getting this sort of recognition at a sanctioned event such as this. This interest in the car at the show was extraordinary. 9 out of 10 conversations always started with "My buddy had one of these" or similar. Too much fun.

I must send out recognition to Ross, Dave, and team at Sports Imports for their craftsmanship, knowledge, support, and attention to detail that was critical to the win. If you are restoring a roadster you need to talk with Ross.

I also want to send out my congratulations to the other competitors in the class. A wonderful collection of Japanese manufacture, with friendly and passionate owners. Mitch's 4 seat roadster beside me in particular was stunning. (see pictures)

Here are some pictures:

Lined up for judging.
1.JPG
Left to Right: (Race 510 - Out of frame), Rx7, 1600, Mitch's Roadster (awesome), Honda Civic, NSX, 240
2.JPG
Hood up for inspection
3.JPG
Receiving 1st in Class Award (driving on the lawn - Look at the cars in the background!)
4.JPG
Rear of the Winner's Circle
5.JPG
Winner's Circle with Best in Show at front
6.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GeoffM
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Re: 2017 Crescent Beach Concours d'Elegance

Post by GeoffM »

Congrats! That's pretty good company you're sharing the winners circle with.

Can't wait to see your car in person....well, completely assembled anyway.
Geoff
1969 SPL-311
spags1986
Roadster Fanatic

Post by spags1986 »

Congrats! How cool is that! Like you said, glad to see these cars getting more and more recognition.
1967.5 2000 (In Frame off restoration)
1966 1600
1969 2000
bakerjf
Site Supporter

Post by bakerjf »

Well done!! I can appreciate the amount of work it takes for a car to be judge-ready for a Concours show. These are the events that raise the profile of our car and break down old perceptions and biases.
J. Baker
Lafayette, CA
'69 2000 (Solex)
garth
Roadster Enthusiast
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by garth »

GeoffM wrote:Congrats! That's pretty good company you're sharing the winners circle with.

Can't wait to see your car in person....well, completely assembled anyway.
Ditto!

Congratulations to all! :smt041
Garth
_________
68' 2000
rdws00
Roadster Newby

Post by rdws00 »

Just found a video on YouTube of the awards and drive out. Check out (click the link)

If you don't want to watch the whole thing, skip to 2:24 and then to 12:05 for a rolling shot of Mitch's roadster, and finally to 14:13 as we roll away.