Current Scheduled Events Will Be Listed Here

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Linda
Fraternal Den Mother-RIP
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Re: Solvang Datsun Roadster Classic

Post by Linda »

Thanks to Harlan Katz and the co-chair, Karen Desirello for a very nice show.
Everyone had a very nice time , good to see all the Roadster peeps. :smt006

Linda
Sadly-Linda has passed away 2022. She was the 311's den mother and drove the first Rare-Parts ball joint project. RIP.
Vinnyz
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Vinnyz »

Linda wrote:Thanks to Harlan Katz and the co-chair, Karen Desirello for a very nice show.

Linda
I certainly concur! Great jon Harlan! :) Sorry I didn't get to meet you Linda.

Here's a short vid I took of the Medenhall meet and greet. Thanks Ron Carter for letting me on your race trailer for the vantage point.

73' Datsun 240-Z turbo
70' Datsun SRL-311-1374-SR20det 6 speed
69' Datsun SRL-311-12334-Solex 44 w/B cam
07' BMW Z4 coupe-Daily
garth
Roadster Enthusiast
Model: 2000

Post by garth »

Linda wrote:Thanks to Harlan Katz and the co-chair, Karen Desirello for a very nice show.

Linda
Harlan

Thank you and all volunteers for the well organized and professional event!

The roadster community is very fortunate! :D
Garth
_________
68' 2000
mraitch
Roadsteraholic

Post by mraitch »

Well done Harlan, again.

A request to the community. There were only 97 cars on the 'field' although there were 109 registered.

Obviously some cars wouldn't run at last minute, and life got in the way which stopped some people from turning up.

The cost of attending is relatively minimal, if you don't do all the ancilliary bits, but I wonder about owners who brought their cars, spent the money on gas, and chose to park outside and thus enjoy the community of the event without contributing to defray the cost of putting it on.

I did this 3-4 years ago, because I had it that I couldn't afford it, and nor could I "afford" it this year, but in support of what the organizers are up to, I chose to pay and turn up.

Harlan, Chris, Jeff and all the other people who have put this on are doing this at their own financial risk.

I brought Eliza with NO expectation of award, and frankly, considering her condition, and my unique bumpers and "dash pad" , it was expected that she, and I, would be objects of derision - and jovially she/I was.

This is a unique event in the World. It deserves the support of the community. To me driving your roadster to Solvang and parking it outside is like going to a dinner and not bringing a bottle of wine (or some gift to the host/hostess).

So my request to the community is to think about supporting the 31st next year. As various sales offers indicate, it is only .18 cents per day to cover the cost. Which isn't even the cost of the sales tax on a cup of Starbucks.

We are a small, yet vibrant community, yet we should not rely upon Harlan to cover the costs of Solvang, nor Chris for Williams AZ.

My $.02
Yep - this a rant, but given what some people do to be present, distance etc. no problem.

Thorts welcome + or -

Pete
Peter Harrison
1970 1600 (Stroker) - TOAD SAN (Eliza)
1970 1600 (Stock) - As Yet Unnamed
Lake Balboa (SFV) , California
pebbles
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by pebbles »

mraitch wrote:Well done Harlan, again.

A request to the community. There were only 97 cars on the 'field' although there were 109 registered.

Obviously some cars wouldn't run at last minute, and life got in the way which stopped some people from turning up.

The cost of attending is relatively minimal, if you don't do all the ancilliary bits, but I wonder about owners who brought their cars, spent the money on gas, and chose to park outside and thus enjoy the community of the event without contributing to defray the cost of putting it on.

I did this 3-4 years ago, because I had it that I couldn't afford it, and nor could I "afford" it this year, but in support of what the organizers are up to, I chose to pay and turn up.

Harlan, Chris, Jeff and all the other people who have put this on are doing this at their own financial risk.

I brought Eliza with NO expectation of award, and frankly, considering her condition, and my unique bumpers and "dash pad" , it was expected that she, and I, would be objects of derision - and jovially she/I was.

This is a unique event in the World. It deserves the support of the community. To me driving your roadster to Solvang and parking it outside is like going to a dinner and not bringing a bottle of wine (or some gift to the host/hostess).

So my request to the community is to think about supporting the 31st next year. As various sales offers indicate, it is only .18 cents per day to cover the cost. Which isn't even the cost of the sales tax on a cup of Starbucks.

We are a small, yet vibrant community, yet we should not rely upon Harlan to cover the costs of Solvang, nor Chris for Williams AZ.

My $.02
Yep - this a rant, but given what some people do to be present, distance etc. no problem.

Thorts welcome + or -

Pete
who won raffles?
David

"When we were standing next to the motor while on the dyno, and the motor hit VVL, eyes went watery.."
Solex68
Site Supporter

Post by Solex68 »

pebbles wrote: who won raffles?
And what did they win ?
Greg a.k.a SOLEX68 - http://www.datsunvents.com/
Laguna Hills, CA
68 2000
Always willing to help another Datsun Roadster owner
Pending installs: SS brake lines, Stan Stealth Dizzy
redroadster
Roadsteraholic

Post by redroadster »

So cool to hear the stories and see the pictures and videos .
Our Solvang is Nissan/ Datsun day at a Hooters in June
Datsun dealer tech 76 to 87
Mitsubishi tech 9 yrs
Volvo, Kia, Toyota too
6 month - Rolls Royce
ASE MASTER TECH 96. - 11
70 SPL 86 Z31 T , Sportster
Vinnyz
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Vinnyz »

Vinnyz wrote:

Linda
I certainly concur! Great job Harlan! :) Sorry I didn't get to meet you Linda.

Here's a short vid I took of the Medenhall meet and greet. Thanks Ron Carter for letting me on your race trailer for the vantage point.
CLICKY
vv

http://vid21.photobucket.com/albums/b27 ... vejzqj.mp4
73' Datsun 240-Z turbo
70' Datsun SRL-311-1374-SR20det 6 speed
69' Datsun SRL-311-12334-Solex 44 w/B cam
07' BMW Z4 coupe-Daily
Lorna c
Site Supporter

Post by Lorna c »

I had to take my neighbor to court over a tree today and the judge has a 68 datsun 1600 red . haha he was looking through my pictures over this tree and smiled looked up and said , I like your Datsun , I have one too . haha a 1600? Yep , well it's not running right now I'm having my carbs worked on . I almost told him to bring it over and I'll do it . haha but I remember where I was and kept quiet . We were in the middle of the preceding still . And then after I asked if he made it to Solvang and he said no I missed it again . That's 4 in this area now I've ran into . I wonder if he has my first one . Gold enkei rims . It had gold enkei rims way back in 86 .
:wink:
"Is it me, or does everyone want to race ?"

late 68 1600 3 main motor .
notoptoy
Vendor-Site Supporter

Post by notoptoy »

But, but, but, you left out the most important part - who won the case about the tree!??!?
"When all else fails, force prevails!" Ummm, we're gonna need a bigger hammer here.

67.5 SPL311 H20 w/5 speed
65 Impala Convertible
2017 C43 AMG
Lorna c
Site Supporter

Post by Lorna c »

Well , I will but who's liable for damages is the deal . I go back June . This tree is on my neighbors yard encroching my drive and houses foundation. It's a spaceship over head ! Big time and the roots grow sideways so their into alot of things is shouldn't be destroying things . Pitching rain water twards my home now again after I dumped 20 bags of cement to get gravity to pull it away . 4" and now I have a half an inch of space only until it's flowing in my home . 7yrs I've begged them to cut the tree with them not answering one request . Now she says in court ," she's telling me to cut it and the city says I can't , what am I supposed to do ?" hahaha I thought , you communicate this with me and I'll convince the city it has to go . Stupid . Not totally avoid me . They rent it out and never never take care of anything so code goes to the home all the time . I called the city 3× and they always told me it's a civle matter so I'd send another letter to them, and nothing until yesterday to the judge . They're full of crap or stupid. The city's not going to let a tree pop a homes foundation . So June 2 I'll find out . Judge is sending parks n reck to the tree and see if it was deemed the cities tree. Then we'll know who's responsible . But idk if the city will take all of the responsibility because of their neglect to communicate (if that's the case). So little while longer . Man between the sap ,branches ,bird poop ,pollen dripping on my new paint making yellow dots and little flowers in every orifice of everything , this big big tree is a nightmare ! For a while now . Every day before driving I have to wash my cars and blow the flower away taking 20mins every day and water . June can't come fast enough . Hopefully it'll all be fine and what damage has occurred isn't what I'm thinking it is .. because I didn't ask for enough
:wink:
"Is it me, or does everyone want to race ?"

late 68 1600 3 main motor .
Solex68
Site Supporter

Post by Solex68 »

Some of the West's Classic Roadster Guys rarely all three seen together...
Click on photo for full screen view
David Premo, Les Cannaday and Stan Chernoff
Premo, Les and Stan 1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greg a.k.a SOLEX68 - http://www.datsunvents.com/
Laguna Hills, CA
68 2000
Always willing to help another Datsun Roadster owner
Pending installs: SS brake lines, Stan Stealth Dizzy
Alvin
Roadsteraholic

Post by Alvin »

Put on my 30th Anniversary Solvang Show T-shirt today. Then I noticed, is that Sora? It must be:

Photographic memory accessed. Original image that I snapped confirmed:

image was then flipped:

Soooo, thank you?
Alvin Gogineni
San Jose, CA
1967.5 SPL/SR20
1997 Acura Integra GS-R
2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
zcarblog.com
Instagram
YouTube
My SR20 Build Thread
bakerjf
Site Supporter

Post by bakerjf »

IMG_0897.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
J. Baker
Lafayette, CA
'69 2000 (Solex)
Alvin
Roadsteraholic

Post by Alvin »

Here is my report from the Solvang Show, enjoy!
Big thanks to Harlan Katz for organizing!

http://www.zcarblog.com/2017/05/04/even ... -show.html
Alvin Gogineni
San Jose, CA
1967.5 SPL/SR20
1997 Acura Integra GS-R
2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
zcarblog.com
Instagram
YouTube
My SR20 Build Thread