To Cchop or not to chop....that is the question.

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

69ner
Roadster Fanatic

To Cchop or not to chop....that is the question.

Post by 69ner »

Hey guys wanted to do some custom stuff done to my 69 2000. Well one of those things is to chop the windshield down considerably, a buddy of mine, dad owns a custom hot rod shop that would do this operation for about 200 bucks!!! Well anyway just wanted to get some opinions before i perform this task!!!
nismou20
Roadsteraholic

Chop top?

Post by nismou20 »

Hi Rick,

If you do chop, whats the plan for the triangle window? Do without? then what about the side door glass? Suppose you could put a triangle window from a earlier model but why all that work? You got a real clean car there, sure you want to do all that? Not trying to talk you out of it just that one thing leads to another.

Tom Prather 69 lady-n-red
Redtail

Post by Redtail »

don't forget the top. though you probably don't plan to use it...
69ner
Roadster Fanatic

Post by 69ner »

This is full on custom hotrod shop...he says this would be a piece of cake considering his past projects. The Wiinshield will be chopped and also the side windows as well....they would be cutting those and welling or making a frame to fit. Oh yeah the top will not be used...its a Roadster for god sake!! :lol:
mikew
Roadster Fanatic

Post by mikew »

why not use a low screen car - remove the original windscreen and bolt up a custom screen. Same with the quarter windows - remove the originals and replace with custom made.

this way the car can be restored to original one day if you or future owner want to do that.

how low are you thinking of going? any lower than the stock low screen and your head will be sticking up over it! which wouldn't be much fun at speed!
1965 SP311, H20, 44mm Solexes, 260Z 5-speed
redlowwindow

Post by redlowwindow »

I like the look of the chopped 'shield, but I like mikew's idea. Bolt on a whole chopped setup, new frame, glass and all. then you can always bring it back to stock if you wanted.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Redtail

Post by Redtail »

I say use a low windshield car and a tiny little race windshield - like this:

redlowwindow

Post by redlowwindow »

Yeah Redtail! That's what I'm thinking too.