Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

ct06033
Roadster Fanatic
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Re: Engine and Dash Wire Harness Rebuild Project 68' 1600

Post by ct06033 »

Duchess68 wrote:Wow... that has given me some serious inspiration. I started disconnecting cables one day, and ruined my beautiful little Duchess... I definitely want to get her back in the road this year.
That is quite the mess you have on your hands! I think if you just follow the diagrams, you should be fine. Feel free to ask if you have any questions if you go down this path. Alternatively, Curtis on here makes some great harnesses for maybe half what it cost me to do this project. I only did it myself as a personal challenge. Hope you get her running!

As a further update, I figured out the flasher issue. The hazard switch is definitely on the outs which is sending poor power to the turn signals. I am saving that project for another time when I get bored and want to do something. Ive taken the car out a few times since completing this project and everything is flawless. I will probably replace the LEDs i bought with something else however as Ive broken a few more trying to get them plugged in.
2016 Audi TTS
2005 Honda S2000
1968 Datsun 1600
LulaNord
Forum Newb

Post by LulaNord »

Hi...i am a new user here. In my case the problem I've been having are half of the companies referenced in other threads are from so long ago, they are either out of business or a guy who was doing this out of his home and may be hard to find or MIA from the forum Im also trying to include little details like not using adhesive electrical tape, or what jacket material for wires we should use. Its the little things that make a project like this successful.
notoptoy
Vendor-Site Supporter

Post by notoptoy »

Welcome. Your best source of current vendors is through the Vendor Links page. If one individual is MIA, there are typically plenty of others ready to jump in and help.
"When all else fails, force prevails!" Ummm, we're gonna need a bigger hammer here.

67.5 SPL311 H20 w/5 speed
65 Impala Convertible
2017 C43 AMG
ct06033
Roadster Fanatic
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by ct06033 »

LulaNord wrote:Hi...i am a new user here. In my case the problem I've been having are half of the companies referenced in other threads are from so long ago, they are either out of business or a guy who was doing this out of his home and may be hard to find or MIA from the forum Im also trying to include little details like not using adhesive electrical tape, or what jacket material for wires we should use. Its the little things that make a project like this successful.
Yea, thats the problem I had as well. I tend to go the path of least resistance so I didnt rely very much on forum members, just previous posts. All the vendors I used seem to be pretty established companies with a not so light reliance on Amazon who basically had everything I needed aside from the bulk of the wire and period correct connectors. Id be happy to answer anything for you if it comes up.
2016 Audi TTS
2005 Honda S2000
1968 Datsun 1600