Andrew Murphy's 67.5 for sale!

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

datsun65
Roadsteraholic
Model: 2000
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by datsun65 »

I think Andrew's car is one of the nicest roadsters out there. For my tatses, if the car had panasports/empis that would really liven it up!

Prior to Andrew originally buying this car (way back when), I spoke with the PO about the car. I'll tell you what...Andrew deserves a nice roadster pat on the back for rescuing and restoring this car. The car had been sitting in the back of a body shop (or was it a auto yard) for quite a long time..

I remember after Andrew purchased the car, he initially had a bunch of mechnical work done on her and drove it with a primered (or just non-matching fender). No beauty , not cosmetics...he just drove the heck out of it for the enjoyment it.

I remember Andrew's Trip up to his Mother's through Norcal/Orgeon in it pre-restoration state. The stories of water pouring into the car during the freeway drive. Classic!

I'll tell you what...Kudos to Andrew for STICKING WITH HIS REBUILD PROJECT and finishing it. How many trashed, boxed up , washed up roadster projects have you seen for sale! Most people, don't have the devotion to finish the projects they start. Andrew did, and he saved a damned nice 67 2000.
Dan
Houston, TX
Datsa 66

Post by Datsa 66 »

To my friends and neighbors,

I am not going to re-hash the "bash Andrew" thread as that is counter-productive. It serves no purpose.

Suffice it to say that it has been a long time since I have had any fun pertaining to my car other than driving it. And for those of you who have a hard time believing I would sell my car- you should know that I have other assets I could sell. Although I love the car, it has not enriched my life as much as I thought it would. I love driving it- it's a fun and fast car. But it also has been a point of angst for me and for some resaon I seem to bring out the bad in people on these discussion groups and in person at runs or events. I have heard many things about me, that I am an asshole and a braggart and that I didn't do any of the work on the car so therefore haven't "earned it". I even heard a comment that my car would have won at Solvang "if I wasn't such an asshole".

When I first got involved with roadsters I was as excited about them as anything I have ever been excited about- I organized SoCalROC and set up meets and runs, hosted barbecues at my home and gave away free parts to people that needed them. I rescued my 67.5 from certain death and spent the next 4 years of my life restoring it. Yes, I talked about what it cost- mostly from people who wanted to know, but also just because I wanted people to realize what they were getting themselves into if they ever intended to completely restore a car.

For the record, I don't care about winning first place at Solvang or whether Alvin's car is better than mine or anything like that. I have never said my car was any better than anyone else's and it isn't- it's just another roadster.

As to the seemingly endless bashing I receive just about every time I post to this forum I guess I have myself to partly blame for that. I am intolerant of certain things and when people post things I think are innappropriate to this list I let them know about it in no uncertain terms, but off list as I agree that bashing someone on the list accomplishes nothing.

To that end, I am leaving the lists- this time for good. I am not angry at anyone or doing it because I feel I have been "wronged", but just because it is time for me to move on and let someone else assume the mantle of "asshole roadster owner".

My car is not sold yet- I have had a few people show interest, but my price is firm and I am not going to sell the car for nothing. If it ends up not selling that is fine too- I will simply drive it and enjoy it. At least I can enjoy the car without the politics of the list or shows. It still amazes me that there are two shows in Mt. Shasta because the roadster people don't get along the 510/truck/Z crowd. To that end, I may join some other car club and try again, but I think my time in the roadster community is over- many of you will be sad to me go, some won't. I may still show up for a local run or two, but probably won't go to Solvang or anything like that.

I am sure I am to blame for most of my issues with the list and other roadster members. If I have offended anyone or behaved badly or rashly I publicly apologize for it. Maybe after I am gone the list will get back to talking about cars- instead of each other.

So good luck to all of you. Enjoy your cars and if someone does decide to restore a roadster- spend as much money as you can and brag about it a lot.

Just kidding...

Andrew Murphy
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
spl310
Roadster Guru
Location: In front of this keyboard... in Jacksonville, Florida!

Post by spl310 »

Hey Andrew,

Don't sweat it. There are plenty of titles to go around. I have been told that I am the "Purist Nazi." :lol:
"Wow, a Roadster!" Stuart Little

1967.5 2000
1967.5 2000
1964 1500
1964 1500
1967.5 1600
1968 chassis
2006 Acura MDX
2013 Volkswagen Jetta TDI wagon
1995 F350 Powerstroke!
More...
Ldino21
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Ldino21 »

Just try to enjoy the Ride!!

Do what you can to hang out with the Roadster owners you enjoy hanging out with. Whether or not you are driving a Roadster!!

Lou Smaldino
66-1600
67-2000
64-1500
dynaguy
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

andrew's 67.5 for sale

Post by dynaguy »

Just noticed on Trader Online that Andrew's roadster is listed a sold. Any one know the lucky individual? Pat Mahoney '69 2000 slow repaint in progress Anyone else notice, when sanding and doing body work on these small cars, they grow to the size of an SUV??