General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

datsun65
Roadsteraholic
Model: 2000
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Roadster Fun Week !

Post by datsun65 »

Well, Last week I took a week off and headed down (from San Francisco) to Los Angeles/Orange County. On the way down I drove my 67 2000 which is going to hang out for a few weeks in Vista, CA for a mechanical "vacation" (AKA new U20).

On the way down, we took highway 101 south through San Jose, Salinas and down to San Luis Obispo. Wow...talking about warm! About 1 hour south of Salinas, it must have been 100-105 degrees. With the top down I got one heck of a sun burn. The car ran perfectly the whole leg of the trip. So at the stop in San Luis Obispo, we stayed at the ultra gaudy Madonna Inn. Each room at the hotel has a different theme...So, of course we stayed in the "Antique Cars" room.

http://madonnainn.com/tour/111.asp

The next morning, we took the next leg of the trip down highway 101 south, through Buellton, Goleta, Santa Barbara, Downtown LA, Gardena (Waved by the Nissan Corporate Building), and down to Huntington Beach. Again, the car ran fantastic. The new (used) rims/tires from Alvin were amazing and really held the road nicely.

After a few days of rest in a garage in Huntington, The 67 2000 was brought back to life for the final leg of the trip down to Vista, CA to visit Classic Datsun Motorsports. Headed down the 405 south to the 5...Beautiful drive through Laguna, Dana Point, Oceanside and finally Vista.

I'll miss that ultra reliable H20 in the SRL311, but I'm sure the new U20 will be even better! All in all a great roadster trip covering about 500-600 Miles!
Dan
Houston, TX
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

Post by SLOroadster »

Dan,
I'm glad to hear that your car is loosing the forklift motor, and the correct type is going back in its place. This is one motor swap that I approve of completly. Oh yeah, if your new engine is carefully built, it will be ultra reliable, and be missing the pushrods, and pull hard through 6000 rpm (I one should wish to.)

Will
Sorry, I find modern engine swaps revolting. Keep your G, R, or U series in your Roadster!