redroadster
Roadsteraholic
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

till death do we part ..srl311

Post by redroadster »

Just thought I'd post this
There was a 70 SRL on CL /Overland Park KS last Sat. sept 24th
I went to look at it and was trying to buy it for the $300 he had advertised but wanting to set up a haul out of there i got beat to it ( did someone here get it? )
a parts car most likely but had a 5sp trans ( locked up been setting out for years ) came with a complete 1600 & trans, also same setting out ,

seems the old attorney that owned it drove it after buying it in 70 and was the 2nd owner drove it for most of the 70's and passed it to his son for college he drove untill it over heated in 85 ,pulled the head which he said could not be fixed so it sat in his garage until 2007 or 08 , then moved it outside under a open sided tiny shed .

The son was selling it and all the other items as the Dad died in Dec. he said he told his Dad 3 times over the years ,when he came from San diego "Dad you ought to get rid of the Datsun ,it's had it "
The Dad would always say "I bet it can be fixed and he would drive it again someday"
This property was vast I asked "looks like 500-600 acres?" " no more like 850 acres" he said and just a half mile north people pay $50,000 for a 1/4 acre lot to put a $375000- $500000 home

he sure must have loved that roadster !
Datsun dealer tech 76 to 87
Mitsubishi tech 9 yrs
Volvo, Kia, Toyota too
6 month - Rolls Royce
ASE MASTER TECH 96. - 11
70 SPL 86 Z31 T , Sportster