Socal Roll Call!

People can post things here such as upcoming runs, car shows and events!

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

69ner
Roadster Fanatic

Socal Roll Call!

Post by 69ner »

Just wondering how many of us are here that are up and running.....
Howard R
Roadsteraholic

Post by Howard R »

I've met about 14 owners in the LA area. And 7 in the San Diego area.
69ner
Roadster Fanatic

Post by 69ner »

maybe we can get something going locally.....
Howard R
Roadsteraholic

Post by Howard R »

Check club banter in this forum. Local runs are posted from time to time.
67 1/2 1600

Post by 67 1/2 1600 »

Im in Buena Park. I have met a couple of roadster owners. A local run could be nice?

Joaquin
ppeters914
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by ppeters914 »

Hmmmmm, you don't consider Solvang local? Then there's all the postings of San Bernadino Valley runs, Modesto runs, Iron Bottom, etc, etc. Sounds like plenty of stuff happening down SoCal way. :P

I started doing a search in the Registry on "Southern California", but stopped counting at 60 different names (several people have multiple entries). I bet there's easily a hundred or more. :cool:
Pete
-------------------------------------
'67 1600 - frame off started in 2014. Now I know why roadster projects take so long. What a stupid idea. :smt021
'66 1600 - parts car
'66 WPL411 ***SOLD***
A couple of Porsches, a RAV4 Hybrid, and a motorcycle
Howard R
Roadsteraholic

Post by Howard R »

I consider local, LA/Orange County, or within an hours drive. Solvang is about 2+ hours from LA. I suppose if one is a long haul truck driver, maybe the Bay Area seems local. So Cal also includes San Diego, but I think he meant LA and vicinity. But I could wrong.
69ner
Roadster Fanatic

Post by 69ner »

yes what i meant was in the vacinity....i would like to meet some of you local guys to see your rides...i just got done installing the radiator so im off cruising the car today....i hope we can set something up
redlowwindow

Post by redlowwindow »

I'm close-ish
Victor_laury

Post by Victor_laury »

Ya Know, You guys like to TALK about runs..... Talk, talk, talk, talk, talk like chickens in the hen house.

Why don't we make like Nike and "Just Do It"?

Why not this? Redlowwindow comes south, we go north meet in the middle. Redlow scouts us some twisty roads back up to Ojai and a lunch stop there. From there we wind down to the Santa Paula, where theres a short but incredible twist over the hump to Los Angeles Street. Then to Moorpark where we pile onto the 118 to points homeward.

Suggestions and further planning the detials IS something to talk about.
Jorge022770

Post by Jorge022770 »

I am in Pomona, and although my project is paint-less and windshield-less at this moment, it will hopefully be ready to hang out with the gang very soon. I think that in terms of "coverage area", there's more of a Northern CA, Central CA, and Southern CA.

Once the "main" group is formed in SoCal wel discover some unknown neighbors among us that are up for more spontaneous "local" things in between any "area-wide" events. So we'll have several "local" groups based on the number of owners within a certain perimeter (for example there's a small group concentrated around "Joaquin's-ville" :D , another in Hollywood and surroundings...). Since a Southern CA club will cover such a vast area, these local "sub-divisions" will make the club easier to keep up and running. (kind of like having the local chapters and the main conventions).

So, once a date/time/place for a meeting is decided, I can help with contacting and inviting the owners interested in the club. So, we can start with ...lets say FIRST WEEKEND IN OCTOBER....

Victor_laury already suggested the place........ let's hear some feedback about these suggestions.

Jorge
Victor_laury

Post by Victor_laury »

The Long Beach show is the first weekend of October.
69ner
Roadster Fanatic

Post by 69ner »

Vic Im always down to go on any cruise anytime....you name the place am there!!! :D
redlowwindow

Post by redlowwindow »

Count me in Victor.
There's some great driving up here!! earlier this year, a friend from the Classic Mini Cooper world hosted a big Mini Meet in ventura and I led a 3-hour 30+ car caravan up the coast, around Lake casitas and through the backroads of Ojai and the Los Padres Nat'l forest - Nice and windy and good scenery too! We can connect that to the 118 and point you guys due south after the cruise is over. Also, depending on the time of year, we may be able to work in a visit to one of the local collector's showrooms. This guy's got a ton of cars and Motorcycles, all with significant Racing history. Everything from F1's, to BSA goldstar's.

Lot's of good eats around here too!

Just let me know when!

Oh yeah, I'm all for coming down for a run as well.

Brad
Victor_laury

Post by Victor_laury »

Is this weekend too soon? Maybe next for better planning.
The schedule is somewhat open as I'm not doing the rallye event.
http://www.311s.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2767
I promised a friend I'd help him pull his R16 one of the next few weekends.

How's everybody's else's schedule?

5 cars is a sucessfull ride, 8, like our last one, is a jammin party!

People coming from the south could meet off the 5, right after the 210 joins it in Sylmar. We could go up the 5, to the 126, where we could meet up with Brad.

Brad, could you plan up a backroads route to Ojai?