birthday info for you roadster

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Dustin

birthday info for you roadster

Post by Dustin »

`How can I find some kind of accurate dates of sale, or other date related info about my car?
Datrock
Roadsteraholic

Post by Datrock »

Finding out the purchase date could be a tuff one, unless you get the orginal title that was issued, or purchased the car from a document keeping owner. You could also post the vin # and see if any PO remembers the vin# and the cars history.

My 68spl still has the dealer decal they put on the rear bumper, so I know it came from Fishers in Portland Or.

My 70 srl had the small old style California Title that was issued in 1975 and stated the original purchase date of May 13,1970. I'm not sure if other states still have this information on the titles.

Good or bad, it's always nice to know any history about your car... have a fun search... Bill
shifty
Roadster Enthusiast

Post by shifty »

Did the later cars have a month/year build date on the door sticker? Or am I thinking of 240's?
Leigh Brooks

http://www.shiftco.com - my blog about cars (and stuff)
Latest post: http://www.shiftco.com/radios/the-test-mule/

67.5 SRL-00139 sleeping
67.5 SPL-11481 suspended animation
67.5 SPL-12961 snoring
67.5 SPL-13622 - H20 PWR!
Datrock
Roadsteraholic

Post by Datrock »

I'm not sure if the 70 models did or not, mine has been repainted from Sora Blue to a Rootbeer Brown, it has no stickers or tags in door jam.. Bill
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

My vin is spl31100919
No stickers or other stuffs on the car
nothing inside the door
can't get ahold of previous owner
should worry about my valve lash first
Datrock
Roadsteraholic

Post by Datrock »

Posting the vin # is a start, hopefully someone will recognize it. I did not realize your the owner that posted the valve lash issue. I've even resulted in adjusting the rockers while the car is idling, it's messy but it will work... Bill