rebuilt starter won't turn

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

406dewey
Roadster Newby

rebuilt starter won't turn

Post by 406dewey »

I just installed a rebuilt starter in my 2000, cannot get it to turn over. I think the problem is the green wire with white stripe from the wiring harness, it has lost its connector. The broken connector is a bolt on connector, but where does it go? I do not want to put it in the wrong place and fry something. I think it goes to the "B" terminal along with the two black wires, but not sure. I have battery cable to upper selenoid "B" terminal. Black wire from wiring harness also goes to "B" terminal. Black with yellow stripe wire from wiring harness goes to the selenoid "push on clip". Any help is appreciated, Thanks, Dewey
ppeters914
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by ppeters914 »

Dewey,

Looking at the wiring diagram;

http://www.311s.org/tech/electrical/wir ... 0-2000.pdf

All but one wire (including your Green/White wire) connect to the solenoid "B" connector. The exception is the Black/Yellow wire that goes from the ignition switch to the other solenoid connector.

Now, fire that puppy up! :P
Pete
-------------------------------------
'67 1600 - frame off started in 2014. Now I know why roadster projects take so long. What a stupid idea. :smt021
'66 1600 - parts car
'66 WPL411 ***SOLD***
A couple of Porsches, a RAV4 Hybrid, and a motorcycle
406dewey
Roadster Newby

Starter won't turn

Post by 406dewey »

Still trying, new starter, new battery, new fuses. Still will not start, at least it clicks now (occasionally). Thinking of taking the starter out again to get it bench tested. If that does not work, I will follow the sequence outlined recently on the list under "Starter....NO starter^%%$#". Thanks for your help, I will keep you posted. Dewey