Windshield trim

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

JoeK
Roadster Fanatic

Windshield trim

Post by JoeK »

How in the #%$*^()_&%$I&&%( do you install it? Sorry for the expletive, but I just spent the most frustrating 5 hours I have spent on any roadster project so far. Getting at those bolts to remove intake manifold is cinch. I must be doing something wrong. First I put the weatherstrip on the glass, then saw no possible way to get the trim on. Next I forced, coerced, cursed, siliconed lubed and pryed the trim onto the rubber. Then I had the hardest time gettng the rubber onto the windshield. A piece of the trim popped out during the last 2 inches of getting the rubber on the glass. You know how sometimes you know your doing something wrong, but can't for the life of you, figure out what it is. Thats me, right now. Tomorrow I call in the pros. For $80 bucks, let it be their headache. Now I understand why my car didn't have any window stainless. I would continue this rant, but my fingers hurt too much from pulling and prying on small ungrippable rubber!
Joe
Former owner of:
'68 2L
BLK SRL
sold 12-11-2012
TR

Post by TR »

A friend that used to be a professional window installer and I had the same fun over the course of two hours a few years ago on my first roadster. Beautiful install, now about the trim...Back out, trim on, then back in...Good luck tomorrow, TR
toolsnob

trim

Post by toolsnob »

The pros have a little tool that lifts the inside track that clamps down on the stainless. A pro should be able to slap that on your car easily.
spyder
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by spyder »

I had the same problem. I ended up cutting the bottom trim in half so there is a small gap between the wipers. It's hard to see unless you are looking for it.