70 srl engine harness

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Datrock
Roadsteraholic

70 srl engine harness

Post by Datrock »

I was hoping someone out there with a 70 srl could look to see if thier altenator connection has 3 wires going into 4 or if there are 4 wires connected to 4. My 70 harness has 3 wires going to the alt. and my 68/69 has 4 wires. Thanks ahead of time.. Bill
toolsnob

Alt hook up

Post by toolsnob »

Bill,

My 70 has 3 wires, y/b, y, b. I also have white heavy lead for the juice. Those 3 wires should route to your regulator.

Alexi
Datrock
Roadsteraholic

Post by Datrock »

Alexi, Thank you very much... Next thing I found that does not look right but probably is, is way up under the dash where the engine harness plugs into the dash wires, there's a single small white wire that loops back thru a connector and goes into the dash harness and disapears back thru the firewall and then goes down to the starter + post. I guess that is why there are only 3 wires at the alt.. This is all realated to my amp gauge issue...

Alexi, If you have time could you please look and see if the single white wire I descibed under the dash routes the same as mine, or at least that it singled out and routes back into the engine compartment..Bill