General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Conner
Roadsteraholic
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Chrome re-plating in Texas

Post by Conner »

I've seen this topic addressed for the California area and am wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a good chrome plating shop here in Texas.
And if not, and if I find a good place, would anyone who is local be interested in trying to get batch pricing on some parts in the next several months?
sgriffin
Roadster Fanatic

Chrome plating

Post by sgriffin »

Andy:
I had the front grill (2 pieces), front and rear bumper, taillights, overriders(2), a third bumper attachment for towing, all interior door handles and a variety of other pieces for my 1941 Chevy done by Domingo Morales of Morales Plating in Terrell. His address is 1033 Everett Dr. Terrell, TX 75160. His telephone number is 972-524-3966. He did a fantastic job. Talking on the phone,( unless you speak Spanish-which I do)can be a bit of a crap shoot. He's very slow, but it is worth the wait. I think it's 5 years in a row now that he's done the work on the winning "low-rider" competition in TX. A secondary point is that he was 1/2 the price of the other shops that I checked with in Dallas/Ft.Worth/San Antonio and Little Rock. Best of luck. Sam
Sam E. Griffin
Conner
Roadsteraholic
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by Conner »

That's great.
I'll get my parts out to him. Slow is no problem because those pieces won't be going back on anytime soon.
I don't speak Espanol, but my girlfriend speaks a little--I'll put her on the phone with Domingo.
High quality and low price is just what I was hoping to find.

Thanks again, Sam.