what color should i paint it?

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

steve68

what color should i paint it?

Post by steve68 »

well im pretty close with mine, was painted before i go it, but it was done as nice as i would like and since one fender and the hood are different colors im just going to repaint the whole thing. what colro would you guys do? i was thinking black, it is silver now. and i think 2 owners ago siad it was burnt orange color. i have anice gun and everything i may do it myself if i can get around to praciticing but may send it out.

still looking for some parts, some need to be rechromed. just little stuff, the top is pretty new but has some holes. Are theses able to be fixed and look good or do i just have to buy a new one?

i really need to sell it as i need money fo rmy other project (my first car) so i want to get it painted alteast, i don't think someone wants a car that different colors, but you never knwo i just may keep it after its painted ( i feel out of it)

o, yeah so colors? doesn't have to factory. everything has been resprayed silver except! the engine bay :? the trunk was...sheesh.

maybe i just need some motavation.

i need a vavle cover to drive it, as its leakign oil so bad im afraid of a fire from it!!! but runs great!!! maybe i just need to drive it.

steve
Ldino21
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Ldino21 »

If you lift the trunk, and remove the little cover plate that protects the Fuel sending unit, you may be able to tell what the original color of the car was!

Lou Smaldino
65-1500
66-1600
67-2000
steve68

Post by steve68 »

didn't think of that ill look tomorrow. are there any rare colors? if for some reason it was then i would change it back..

some pics http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/moparpunk ... /my_photos

steve
Redtail

Post by Redtail »

I'm in the same boat - just decided to repaint the whole car. it's red right now (like 60% of all roadsters) and I really like the silver, but want something a little different. I was thinking a metallic gunmetal. anyone have other suggestions? Black would look great, but it's hard to take care of...
alfred183

Post by alfred183 »

I think Pearl is an awesome color. Gray is definitely very easy to take care of. My truck is gray and I've never even washed it since I got it :lol:

What about gold-ish?

There's always GTR Blue

I think I'm going to do black so I be JUST like Alvin ^_^
ppeters914
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by ppeters914 »

This was discussed quit a bit on the list last November. Lotsa links to various pretty colours. :P Plus check out all the Solvang pics (this year and past).

There may be a ton of Red Roadsters out there, but checking out Alvin's Solvang videos (especially the "passing a line of roadsters") gives one clue why....they really stand out.

The trick is the Right Red. I'm leaning towards Dodge Viper Red. 8)
Pete
-------------------------------------
'67 1600 - frame off started in 2014. Now I know why roadster projects take so long. What a stupid idea. :smt021
'66 1600 - parts car
'66 WPL411 ***SOLD***
A couple of Porsches, a RAV4 Hybrid, and a motorcycle
steve68

Post by steve68 »

my other car (73 plymouth) is going to be gold. matching? i liek the blue it matches the dodge blue that part of my dads racecar is, i was thinking that when i first got it.

so much i just decided what color to paint the plymouth after 5 years!!!
:shock: hopefully it goes quicker

steve
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
SER240Z
Roadster Fanatic

Post by SER240Z »

My car is white with blue pearl. It looks good in the sun, but if the sun isn't shinning on it, it kinda looks dirty or off-white. Not very attractive without direct sunlight.

Scott
shifty
Roadster Enthusiast

Post by shifty »

I like some of the not-so-common stock colors like the pale yellow and sora blue. They are a very "period" look.

I think small cars look better in non-metallic paint. If you are going to sell it you might want to go for a popular color like red or silver.

That said, my '67.5 will be black (maybe with white stripes) and I'd like to have a roadster in 240Z orange.
Leigh Brooks

http://www.shiftco.com - my blog about cars (and stuff)
Latest post: http://www.shiftco.com/radios/the-test-mule/

67.5 SRL-00139 sleeping
67.5 SPL-11481 suspended animation
67.5 SPL-12961 snoring
67.5 SPL-13622 - H20 PWR!
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
dbrick

Post by dbrick »

One of the nicest colors I've seen could best be described as Black Cherry. It looks like Candy apple red sprayed over a very dark blackish red. Deep almost black straight on, but the edges pick up a red glow and in the sun it is wild. Not in the budget for me.

Also Volvo has a really nice burnt orange, and there awre some wild metallic copper colors. Plum Crazy Purple or Limelight Green would be a first, set off the Plymouth nicley, tough if you plan to sell it though :D

What interior and top color do you have? That is a big consideration.

The Perriwinkle Alvin posted is really nice, unique but right for a 60's era car.

I'm keeping the metalic gold/beige and adding wide black striped, Chevelle SS style and narrow black rocker panel stripe. My paint is OK, just a little boring and the color isn't consistant across large panels. The stripes will break it up

Dave Brisco

Take my advice, I'm not using it"

66 2000 The Bobster
64 1500 in pieces for sale
1980 Fiat X1/9
2009 Volvo C-70
08 Expedition EL, STUPID huge but comfy
1962 Thompson Sea Lancer, possible money pit
spl310
Roadster Guru
Location: In front of this keyboard... in Jacksonville, Florida!

Post by spl310 »

Hot pink with flourescent green stripes - not racing stripes, paint the car like a roll of life savers. Hey, you want it to stand out, right?? :lol:

Personally, I like the more vintage colors, but only on the low windshield cars. The more modern interior of the high windshield cars just does not go with Sora blue... I like the color your car is now. If you want to be different, just go to a cruise in and check out some of the more eye catching colors. Even stuff that you would think looks weird. Get one of the Fujimi models and paint it the color you are thinking. Gives you a mini 3d idea what it will look like...
"Wow, a Roadster!" Stuart Little

1967.5 2000
1967.5 2000
1964 1500
1964 1500
1967.5 1600
1968 chassis
2006 Acura MDX
2013 Volkswagen Jetta TDI wagon
1995 F350 Powerstroke!
More...
steve68

Post by steve68 »

just throwing out ideas, period correct. seafoam green..and like a peach color, pink basically..more the seafoam.

black top and black interior with grey tweed seats. maybe ill do a two tone paint scheme. black on top with 1. silver, 2. green metalic, 3. sora blue. 4. burnt orange, 5. ?

steve
dbrick

Post by dbrick »

Two tone is tough, What looks good from one angle is horrible from another. There is no real dividing line except the belt molding, and that's too straight and level. If you find someone with an eye for it, Chip Foose comes to mind, then maybe. I like the Austin Healey styles, like red on black, but a black car only looks good for 5 minutes at a time, then time to clean it again. How about a bright teal, classic but nice and different.

Any 2 tone car pictures floating around (Alvin?).

Dave Brisco

Take my advice, I'm not using it"

66 2000 The Bobster
64 1500 in pieces for sale
1980 Fiat X1/9
2009 Volvo C-70
08 Expedition EL, STUPID huge but comfy
1962 Thompson Sea Lancer, possible money pit