Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

jrusso07
Roadsteraholic
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Re: No neutral after tranny swap

Post by jrusso07 »

I assume you have the drive shaft attached. Would think the lock up wheel may be too heavy of a load on higher gears. Odd the first be ok...

I would guess your brakes are locked up on the wheel or hand brake mechanism is stuck on.

You might want to disconnect drive shaft and try transmission shifting again or get that wheel freed up first.
Joe

1969 SRL311 - Solex
1970 SPL311 - U20 mod
1970 SRL311
spyder
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by spyder »

Bigmike253 wrote:Now on jack stands it shifted ok a few times then seems like it's stuck in gear. With engine on and in neutral shifts in to 1st ok, if I attempt to shift into any other gear as soon as I let the clutch out it kills the engine instantly. I bled the system and that is OK. I still need to check piston travel and the pin on the pedal.

Side note, after the swap, I cannot get the rear passenger wheel to spin. Almost like it is locked up. Ideas?
Sounds like it is in two gears at once. Have you opened the trans to check there aren't any broken shift fingers or adjacent lockout balls missing? If it is stuck in at least one gear, unless someone is pressing the clutch I could see the back wheels unable to turn.
Bigmike253
Roadster Newby

Post by Bigmike253 »

I meant that I checked the fork, bearing, and sleeve. Also that the fork remained on the pivot ball.