Looking for original U20

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Datrock
Roadsteraholic

Looking for original U20

Post by Datrock »

My 70 SRL vinplate has U20 # 14965 on it, but the engine did not come with the car, the car is originally from S.Cal. I just was wondering if anyone out there may have the original engine that came in my 70 SRL, I know finding it is just a shot in the dark but running or not it would be neat to know if it's out there... Thanks...Bill
nomadtrash
Roadster Fanatic

Post by nomadtrash »

You might try searching the title for previous owners. Only the person who pulled the motor could tell you where it is. Roadsters did not have matching numbers. There is no way to tell what serial number it had unless someone wrote it down.
Andy Cost
Roadster-less

Bolt on modification? I did use some bolts!
Datrock
Roadsteraholic

Post by Datrock »

Andy,I have a California title that was issued in 1975 probably to the #2 owner, it's to srl 14025 and shows it was first sold on 5/13/70, the cars tags were last registered in 1980, The license plate number is on title too and is correct so it's been off the road for a long time.
According to the vin plate the engine that should have been in it was 14965, and frame is #14025 which matches the vin. and dash #. I do know the engine and frame never match..The original engine dissappeared some were or time. The car was sold to me as project and is in very nice overall condition. It's a keeper... Bill