General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

datsun65
Roadsteraholic
Model: 2000
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Joaquin - Your First Roadster / Car

Post by datsun65 »

Hopefully, I'm not embarassing Joaquin too much...But, I gotta say it is pretty cool that our 15 year old roadster builder has stuck with his project and created a running roadster.

Just think about how many adults (okay...people over 21...) have had roadsters projects, and didn't have the patience to follow-through on their projects. So, here is Joaquin, and he has accomplished one heck of a task.

So next steps Joaquin...gotta get your learner's permit and work towards getting your license. It would be an ultimate classic to take your DMV driving test in your Top down roadster!!! I got my license on my 16th birthday at the Westminster DMV..Though I purchased my first car (a 77 rabbit) when I was 15, my parents insisted I took my drivers test in their 1978 Buick Estate Wagon (8 Seater).

Anyhow...Hats off to Joaquin and his first roadster project!
Dan
Houston, TX
67 1/2 1600

Post by 67 1/2 1600 »

Thanks! I thank everyone on this forum for all the support and help. I thought I would never finish her, but the day has come and she runs now. I hope I can encourage some of you with your projects, and also encourage others to join the roadster trend! It sucks though that some people in my own family thought I could not do it, but I proved them wrong! A rolling shell into a running roadster!

Thanks for all the support!

Joaquin
SER240Z
Roadster Fanatic

Post by SER240Z »

Joaquin, good job. I know what's it's like, I started my 240z at 18 and it was also a dead piece of junk in someone's back yard. I also had to deal with doubtful family members, but now the z runs well enough to be a daily driver if needed, and I've proven all of the doubters wrong. It is quite an accomplishment. Keep up the work.

Scott
windy311
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by windy311 »

You have built two things! a car and your foundation for a future of playing with cars for life well done and at fifteen what a champ.