What's in your garage?

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

notoptoy
Vendor-Site Supporter

Re: What's in your garage?

Post by notoptoy »

The Benz is beautiful, did you drive it in the great race?
That would be a blast!
"When all else fails, force prevails!" Ummm, we're gonna need a bigger hammer here.

67.5 SPL311 H20 w/5 speed
65 Impala Convertible
2017 C43 AMG
Datsun.David
Site Supporter

Post by Datsun.David »

Hey Dan -

What kind of history do you have on that car? My Dad had one just like it in Corpus Christi in the 80's...
My then stepmonster sold it the year I moved to Texas for grade 10 - so that my twin brother and I couldn't drive it to school...

I still resent that woman...
67.5 SRL311 #00050 - Silver - SU
67.5 SRL311 #00544 - Sora Blue SU
68 Roadster Race Car
69 SRL311
69 SRL311
72 PL510
74 260Z - Silver
datsun65
Roadsteraholic
Model: 2000
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by datsun65 »

On the Benz.

Purchased at the Dan Kruse Classic car auction during Thanksgiving Weekend. This is the same Auction where the bright corvette yellow Datsun roadster was also being sold. Saw the car briefly prior to the auction and the condition was amazing. Dayton Rims, Classic Instruments Gauges, Optima Battery, New Tires. Car was registered with the custom plates.

After purchasing, I was given paperwork for the vehicle since new! It was originally built in 1980 by a well known auto enthusiast named John Swett who last resided in the Tuscon area. John custom ordered the yellow wire rims from Dayton Wheels (even have the receipt and mail correspondence). He owned the car till at least 2009.

In 1999 John reunited with one of his WWII pals, and decided to buy/build a 1943 Jeep (in Houston) and ran it in the Great Race in 2000. John was a 3 time participant in The Great Race.
June 22, 2002|By TIM YANNI

When Ken Smith served with John Swett in the U.S. Army during World War II, neither knew where their camaraderie would take them.

Smith of Tucson and Swett of Mount Carmel, Ill., served and fought together in the Battle of the Bulge, were captured together and were held in a German prison camp together. Today they share the hobby of vintage car racing.

I was lucky on the purchase of this car..it was very well built. At speed it is very solid, smooth and steering is great.
Dan
Houston, TX
jamesw
Roadsteraholic

Post by jamesw »

Dan: Let's do a shoot with some models and your Merc. and car #48. She's being detailed today.

Cheers
James
SRL311-00275
'96 Porsche 993 C4
2001 Excursion 7.3l
Datsun.David
Site Supporter

Post by Datsun.David »

Very cool! Fun to have a history like that behind the car Dan. The problem with auctions like that can be the stragglers that follow you home... I got to own a Jeep CJ5 that way... Everyone else was there to buy RV's. Fortunately I ran out of money or I would have had a Smokey and the Bandit TA too...
67.5 SRL311 #00050 - Silver - SU
67.5 SRL311 #00544 - Sora Blue SU
68 Roadster Race Car
69 SRL311
69 SRL311
72 PL510
74 260Z - Silver
s2knsx
Roadster Newby

Post by s2knsx »

Wow look at that collection

Z
Dave_Car_Guy wrote:I've shared most of these cars in other threads before, but there is one more addition to the garage this summer: 2012 McLaren MP4-12C. I've had a chance to track it a couple times now...

s2knsx
Roadster Newby

Post by s2knsx »

obviously the above pic puts mine to shame but nevertheless here are my babies

and finally the new addition...currently with kevin D. for a restoration

Z
Alvin
Roadster Nut-Site Supporter

Post by Alvin »

s2knsx wrote:Image

Z
Why does this look so familiar? Is that Wasserman's/Erik's S14-powered roadster?
You have a crazy car collection! Love the LS FD. With all the power in your stable are you going turbo for the roadster?
Alvin Gogineni
San Jose, CA
1967.5 SPL/SR20
1997 Acura Integra GS-R
2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
zcarblog.com
Instagram
YouTube
My SR20 Build Thread
s2knsx
Roadster Newby

Post by s2knsx »

wow good eye..i am Impressed...how did you know it was eriks car.
to answer your question...yes it is eriks car that I purchased..its a Sr20 swap.
i was contemplating a sr20det swap....but in the end i decided it wasn't worth spending 50grand on a car that i will rarely drive....i decided to keep it a sr20 and do full restoration and call it a day....instead i will take the difference and get a R35 GTR...I am getting tired of old cars...time to have something that's new and i don't have to worry bout custom made parts breaking down.

Z

Alvin wrote:
s2knsx wrote:Image

Z
Why does this look so familiar? Is that Wasserman's/Erik's S14-powered roadster?
You have a crazy car collection! Love the LS FD. With all the power in your stable are you going turbo for the roadster?
cole455
Roadsteraholic

Post by cole455 »

My wife and I purchased a new camera for the holidays. In addition to christmas pictures I've started taking non iPhone shots of the cars. No pictures yet of the roadster but I did snap some new ones of the Gto. Roadster pics to follow

FairladySPL
Roadsteraholic

Post by FairladySPL »

Vintage photo of the fleet.

The two constants have been the '64 Buick (bought new by my Grandfather, 03/64) and the 311 (since 1984).

The 1800ES was a '72, the second of two that I had concurrently. The '73 was a rustbucket that I sold for more than I had paid. The '72 shown here underwent an engine rebuild, and a brake job before I realized it wasn't much fun to drive. Very agricultural. Heavy & slow. It just looked good. Soon gone. A Dutch buyer packed it in a shipping container surrounded by new tires and loaded it on a ship.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
--Paul / Annapolis
mellis18
Site Supporter

Post by mellis18 »

This is what's in my garage...nothing!!! But soon it will be home to a newly painted, beautiful looking 1969 Roadster. Prime and blocking happened last week. It's in the booth today ready for the multiple coats of black and then back in this empty space to begin the task of putting it all back together again!!

Can you tell a Roadster lives here!! :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Robert Ellis
Saratoga Springs, UT
1969 SRL311

1969 SRL311-07332
Matching numbers
1966 Mustang Coupe
notoptoy
Vendor-Site Supporter

Post by notoptoy »

Sweet Robert, but if you stare at the picture really hard, and kind of cross your eyes, you can see the ghost of the former paint job, waiting for reincarnation!
"When all else fails, force prevails!" Ummm, we're gonna need a bigger hammer here.

67.5 SPL311 H20 w/5 speed
65 Impala Convertible
2017 C43 AMG
mellis18
Site Supporter

Post by mellis18 »

gvpjared wrote:A lot of random junk at the moment!

I got the Yamaha (77 DT100) on the road this summer and it has been quite a blast to cruise around town! Nothing like an old 2 stroke to turn some heads...
Interesting tonneau cover for the Roady??? 8)
Robert Ellis
Saratoga Springs, UT
1969 SRL311

1969 SRL311-07332
Matching numbers
1966 Mustang Coupe
drewnamis
Roadster Fanatic

Post by drewnamis »

s2knsx wrote:obviously the above pic puts mine to shame but nevertheless here are my babies

Z
Man, I'd love to have your garage. LSx FD, S2k, What's that and the NSX have? Used to have a similar FXTS, Same color, same year, but it had an STI driveline/Brake/Subframe swap.

Are you going to paint your FXT and 311 white? :)