using a 240sx for efi?

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

steve68

using a 240sx for efi?

Post by steve68 »

I know that the 240 will run great with no smog hook-ups, but what about the cam sensors? I just want to know if i can take the whole thing and make it work. I have only seen 1 200sx in the years that it would (including the rear brakes) and no z cars with the motor still in them.
I have read the dime article alot of good stuff. Why can't i use everything from the 200sx or the 240sx?

or should i just save up for an aftermarket ecu and harness, that was about $800+ for everything, but then i need fuel maps. i plan on turboing still and this would be the better route with this?
also i plan on stroking it with the h20 crank, rods and pistons (lower compression so when i boost!)

thanks
steve
Dave
Turbo Powered
Location: In the refrigerator, to the left of the mayonnaise, behind the pickles and beer.

Post by Dave »

In my opinion, your best bet is to save up and go with an aftermarket ECU and sensors. It's going to be a whole heck of a lot more flexible for things like adding turbos later on. Plus, you can use a MAP sensor instead of a crappy MAF sensor like the 240s use.
Dave Kaplan

68 2000 Roadster - Now with GT2560R power!
SR20-DET: 223 rwhp, 222 lb-ft.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/698904
steve68

Post by steve68 »

thats what i was thinking..just making sure.
So stroker crank, rods, bearings and pistons just under $600...
efi $900
Turbo $100 (t25)
piping ? (haven't figured out yet

steve
toolsnob

EFI

Post by toolsnob »

In past conversions that I have seen (non datsun) you need to gather induction pieces from a donor the same displacement. It is comon on LC's to use a 4.3 v6 chev efi to convert. Although it is not perfect you will probably be better off using an aftermarket setup that you can tune.