Fuel Flow issues?

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Tycorcr1

Post by Tycorcr1 »

Ok,, my 2 cents. Check your ground strap. Not sure if it's been suggested, but as your RPM goes up, you are sending greater pulses of electicity through your block and down to the chasis ground. Make sure the connections are clean on the frame and at the starter bolt where the strap is connected. Also check your battery connection. I agree it sounds like your engine is flaming out at rpm which would cause it to stumble and wet the plugs due to unburnt fuel. Not too sure, but i do believe if you choke an engine at high rpm, you actually lean it out, not richen it. The choke curcuit is a smaller jet than the main jet and when you choke you actually cut off the main curcuit in the carb. A leaner mixture at rpm will need less spark to ignite, again leading me to think it's a bad engine ground.

Hope this leads some where,
Keith
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

Post by SLOroadster »

Ok I win the biggest moron award for this one. I have verified that everything works, and works fine. The problem was I put my ITG airfilter backplate on backward blocking the vents into the carbs. I pulled the velocity stacks, and turned the plate around and the problem was fixed. I took the roadster for a drive and it was good.

Will
Sorry, I find modern engine swaps revolting. Keep your G, R, or U series in your Roadster!
TR

Post by TR »

Have a beer and laugh about it and wait for the next one! TR
dbrick
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by dbrick »

I knew it was something simple.
Congrats on not giving up

Dave Brisco

Take my advice, I'm not using it"

66 2000 The Bobster
64 1500 in pieces for sale