70 Roadster Top Bow

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

70MTroadster

70 Roadster Top Bow

Post by 70MTroadster »

Folks;

The saga of repairing the top bow on my 70 Roadster continues. Classic DMS did not have a bow to swap me and I didn't really want to pay $175 for them to repair mine, plus the shipping hassles and fees back and forth to CA. So......I took it to a local Zen Master welder who is going to repair it for $25 to $30. He'll cut it open, weld in a reinforcement piece and straighten her out. I've taken some digital pics of the before....can't wait to see the after. Bit of a difference in price, eh? I have a bead blaster cabinet large enough to accomodate the bow and will blast it, automotive prime it and paint it upon its return to me. He quoted me some time next week. I will post the results along with pics.
S Allen
Site Admin
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

RE:Top Bow

Post by S Allen »

That sounds great. I recomended CDM and I am sure they do a great job. Your way is cheaper and I am sure just as good. I am all for saving money. I would like to post your pics on the 311s.org site if I can?? Thanks for sharing.
70MTroadster

bow pics

Post by 70MTroadster »

no worries on the pics....as soon as this project is completed I'll try and post them all here.

scott
spl310

Post by spl310 »

A while back I had a paint and body guy repair one. It came back in primer and fit perfectly. I painted it black and it went with the car when I sold it. Cheap too! I traded some hideous seats that he wanted for the work and materials!!