looking for an old race car

For the racers out there!

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

sports imports
Vendor-Site Supporter

looking for an old race car

Post by sports imports »

An old friend of mine, Ron Johnson, who used to work for Nissan Motorsports, had a street car that he turned into a race car in 1974. He is looking for information on what happened to his old car SPL311-04220. Any leads will be forwarded to Ron. He is not interested in buying the car, only finding if its still around and if its still competing.
Here is what Ron had to say about the car:
SPL311 04220. This was purchased by me in September, 1974 & immediately converted to an autocross car. After winning SoCal class championships w/it in 1976 & 1977, & losing a 3rd championship by a single point, it was sold to a friend who proceeded to win yet another championship w/it. Years later, I caught up w/this friend & asked if he could recall who he sold the car to &/or what became of it. Nada to both questions. Race cars seldom get converted back to street specs, so, if it’s not sitting in a garage somewhere, it probably being still raced at some level. If it’s still out there, the most visible thing (aside from the aluminum plates in the headlamp & turn signal openings) would have to be the tops of the doors were filled in (no window opening). It really looked nice & cleaned up the looks. Sorry, but have no pic shot high enough to show that feature.

Thanks

Ross
sports imports
fj20spl311
Roadsteraholic

Re: looking for an old race car

Post by fj20spl311 »

Like this....
Sorry it's not your car.........I filled these in and its a 2000

Phil
67.5 SRL311-00148 Blue (FJ cruiser VOODOO Blue)
67.5 SPL311 FJ20E teal SDS EFI
69 SRL311 SOLD
19 Raptor SCAB
sports imports
Vendor-Site Supporter

Re: looking for an old race car

Post by sports imports »

Ron is still looking. Any thoughts on how we can trace the history of the two cars Ron used to own?

Ross
sports imports