Solvang 2005

People can post things here such as upcoming runs, car shows and events!

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Howard R
Roadsteraholic

Solvang 2005

Post by Howard R »

Re: Solvang 2005. Can someone recommend a hotel in Solvang? Covered parking would be a plus. Thanks, Howard
S Allen
Site Admin
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

RE:Solvang Hotel

Post by S Allen »

Howard,

I stayed in the Best Western downtown Solvang one year. It has a covered parking gagrage. Pretty nice place. I believe there is only one in town so it should not be hard to find.

Steve
66 Stroker-Going Orange
67 SRL311-00279-resto project
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 2WD Hauler
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
Ldino21
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Ldino21 »

The Vagabond Inn in Solvang has some covered parking stalls near one end of the building. This is where the organizers stay for the show, we have blocked off a large number of rooms, tell them you are with the Roadster Show and they should be able to accomidate you.

Lou Smaldino

FresnoDROC

Here is a link:

http://www.res99.com/hotel/10006417-112 ... 682e6413ps
Victor_laury

Post by Victor_laury »

A good number of us will still be at the "6" in Buelton. Don't forget to drive by for our annual parking lot mini-show
Howard R
Roadsteraholic

solvang 2005

Post by Howard R »

Victor, When is your mini meet?
SER240Z
Roadster Fanatic

Post by SER240Z »

Does anyone know the exact date? I am planning to attend this year. I guess I should probably put my soft top on though. Anyone put on a soft top recently and have any suggestions?

Scott
Datsa 66

Post by Datsa 66 »

Victor is reffering to the Motel 6 in Buellton, where the turnoff from US 101 to Solvang is. It has long been a tradition for roadster owners to stay there the night before the Solvang show.

Everyone has their cars out in the parking lot and it is indeed a "Mini show" (not to be confused with Mini Coopers!). It's a great pre-view of everything from the bone stocks to radical conversions. Something for everyone.

Alas, I will not be staying at the 6 but you can bet I will swing by to look at the cars. It's always great fun.

Hope to see everyone there!

Andrew Murphy
1967.5 2000
Victor_laury

Post by Victor_laury »

Solex67 wrote:Victor is reffering to the Motel 6 in Buellton, where the turnoff from US 101 to Solvang is. It has long been a tradition for roadster owners to stay there the night before the Solvang show.
Si! Esta muy bueno! Roadster folk do not sleep at the 6, just hang out and talk cars most of the night.
Ldino21
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Ldino21 »

The Dates for the 18th Annual Solvang Datsun Roadster Show is the 29th & 30th of April, 2005. We have just sent the final registration forms to printing, and I should be getting the actual printed ones and the Online versions out within the next week or so!!

Thanks to everyone for keeping the buz going!..

Lou Smaldino
FresnoDROC
Howard R
Roadsteraholic

To Scott-RE: Soft top

Post by Howard R »

Scott, I just had a new top installed. It took a professional upholsterer many hrs to do the work. It came out terrific. In articles I have read, people that sell the tops highly recommend a pro to do the work, unless you have some expertise. If you try to do it yourself and it comes out crappy, you'll probably conclude that the pro was well worth the $.
Good luck, Howard
Ldino21
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Ldino21 »

The website is UP!!!!

http://groups.msn.com/fresnodroc/solvang2005.msnw

The registration forms are posted!!

Its time to get those cars registered for the 18th Annual Solvang Datsun
Roadster Show, We are prepared this year for a really big show, so get your
registrations in as early as possible.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

FRESNODROC

Would love to see some of you guys make it!!