L33

Discuss engine swap details here!

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Alvin
Roadster Nut-Site Supporter

Re: L33

Post by Alvin »

where do the shock towers end up in relation to the interior/body? Will the rear fenders need flares or the frame c-notched, or inner fenders tubbed?

thx for the update!
Alvin Gogineni
San Jose, CA
1967.5 SPL/SR20
1997 Acura Integra GS-R
2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
zcarblog.com
Instagram
YouTube
My SR20 Build Thread
Unholy
Roadster Fanatic

Re: L33

Post by Unholy »

Shock towers are going to be in the rear of the package tray... Should be right against the trunk wall. Shouldn't really stick up too high, so I hope it wont interfere with the soft top storage.... if there will even be one?

I'm hoping that the rear wheel sheet metal will not need to be flared because I want to keep the smooth body line, but its going to be super close with the 245's (245mm ~ 9.5 in and the wheel well is just about 10 in). That varies a bit by manufacture and how their sidewalls are constructed. I might have to step down a little in wheel width if they don't cooperate. Lucky those are just junk tires. We did trim off the small lip at the edge of the frame rail (bout 1/8 inch) just because we were there. The real contention will be on the outside edge. Don't want to mini-tub but who knows at this point. Once I get the body back on, we will see where we are.