What did you do TO or FOR your Datsun today?(Roadsters only)

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Mainer311
Roadsteraholic

Re: What did you do TO or FOR your Datsun today?(Roadsters only)

Post by Mainer311 »

All of my behind-the-radio connectors have disintegrated, even the one with all of the greens running to the blower. I taped them all off and called it a day. None of that stuff works in my car anyway.
Jordan
1968 SPL311-21773. Needs paint and some upholstery.
2012 Xterra Pro-4X, 4" lift on 34's, UCA's, pre-runner bumper. Member of the New England Xterra Off-road club.
1971 PL521, Dragon green. Stock L16 w/ 4 speed, lowered 3".
Fetch
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Fetch »

Last summer I tore my rotator cuff, then a couple of weeks ago I hurt my knee. Getting down under the car isn't hard, its getting back up that hurts.
Had the drums turned and the shoes relined. In the meantime, I pulled the e-brake out and greased it. The rear piviot has felt washers that are warn so I will replace them with greased leather. I put all the brakes back together today, will get the e-brake back in tomorrow and assemble the brake pedal.
Then all I need are tires.
Manu
Site Supporter

Post by Manu »

This weekend was productive:
Did the oil + oil filter change, replaced clutch master cylinder, cleaned headlight relay & connectors (but connection is still bad somewhere) on Saturday. Valve adjustment and timing with Linda on Sunday.
I also damaged the thread of my new clutch slave hose and will need to rethread it. Once again thanks to Linda's tools!
"Ruby" 1968 1600 SPL311-19762
Lorna c
Site Supporter

Post by Lorna c »

went down to LaVerne and Chino for turkey day and surrounding days . drove grate on freeway.. got to wear my Santa hat on the way back because I drove at night and it wasn't 90° anymore .. had a great time .
:wink:
"Is it me, or does everyone want to race ?"

late 68 1600 3 main motor .
Cyclewrks
Roadster Fanatic
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by Cyclewrks »

Got up this morning to take the car in for VIN Verification and the days plans changed drastically. Wound up having to drop the fuel tank to clean out all the funk, clean the fuel lines and tear the fuel pump down to clean all the trash out of it. Just an FYI, a bicycle chain is just the right size to sled under the tank baffles so you can knock all the crud loose in the tank. Got everything back together and made it to the DMV (3rd trip to try to get the registration and title issued). Car is official now. Time for an alignment and exhaust work.......
"Life is not a journey to the grave intent to arrive safely in a pretty, well preserved body-but rather arriving in a broadside skid, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Damn, what a friggin ride!"- Anon
'70 1600
Manu
Site Supporter

Post by Manu »

Tightened my rocker shaft set screw.

It's always good idea to check if this screw is nice and snug, gets easily overlooked! Mine was completely unscrewed.
Cleaned it, added some blue Loctite and tightened it nicely.

Here's a thread about that screw + pictures:
http://www.311s.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10710
Linda
Fraternal Den Mother-RIP
Model: 1500/1600

Post by Linda »

Got some wire sleeves for the 6.3 mm terminals. Cut off the hard plastic ones on the wires and added these which are more pliable and clear, so I can see what is going on.....more to do
IMG_20171203_111350640.jpg
Linda
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sadly-Linda has passed away 2022. She was the 311's den mother and drove the first Rare-Parts ball joint project. RIP.
QYKSLVR
Roadster Nut

Post by QYKSLVR »

I took the car in to get the alignment checked. It was almost spot on, just needed a bit of toe in. Pretty impressive considering @jheck replaced the shocks on the vehicle. I then got the tires balanced and rotated. Took the car out and got her up to 85. She ran so well, besides the engine wishing I had a 5th speed.
I love this car.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jheck
Roadster Fanatic

Post by jheck »

Rock on QYKSLVR! Pile on those miles!
Jason
1970 1600
Bluegrass country, KY
nismou20
Roadsteraholic

Post by nismou20 »

I helped Ray Lim secure his latest find a 63/1500 3 seater with original single SU hidden for all these years in a garage in Pasadena right here in my neck of the woods just min away. I have never seen it on the roads here. Ray on right the guy with bigger smile! Think it's #71. Very straight car with just a few bugaboos. Nice to see another roadster rescued.
2004 Chevy Tracker
2010 RAV4
1969 Datsun Roadster
2005 Lotus Elise
1995 Toyota Tercel (Poormans Corolla)
2001 Fleetwood Jamboree RV
pebbles
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by pebbles »

Good to see a garage with cars in it. My dad would go crazy every time he saw a garage door open, revealing boxes stacked to the rafters!
Nice score Ray!
David

"When we were standing next to the motor while on the dyno, and the motor hit VVL, eyes went watery.."
spags1986
Roadster Fanatic

Post by spags1986 »

Drove the roadster to work today!
20171206_123726.jpg
1967.5 2000 (In Frame off restoration)
1966 1600
1969 2000
Fetch
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Fetch »

In the process of ordering more parts.
Manu
Site Supporter

Post by Manu »

Congrats Ray!!!! Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh.

Yesterday I replaced my battery, cleaned and sanded alternator ground, cleaned fusebox (soaked in vinegar overnight, light sanding, CRC cleaner and dielectric grease). Rivets are a bit loose though! If there is a thread here about rivet tightening, I'll try to find it. I have to wiggle HL connector at relay to get HL to turn on.
theunz
Roadster Nut-Site Supporter
Model: 2000

Post by theunz »

pebbles wrote:Good to see a garage with cars in it. My dad would go crazy every time he saw a garage door open, revealing boxes stacked to the rafters!
Nice score Ray!
The worst is a lawnmower, a couple of bicycles, and a few lawn tools hung on the wall. What the heck do these people do with their spare time? Wait a minute, maybe that's why they have spare time!
Mike M

Old enough to know better, too old to remember why!

1969 2000 solex mine since 1972, under resurrection. (Finally resurrected as of spring 2019!)
1969 Porsche 911s -worth more, but not as valuable! Gone!
2017 Lotus Evora 400 - Oh my!!