What did you do TO or FOR your Datsun today?(Roadsters only)

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

svwilbur
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Re: What did you do TO or FOR your Datsun today?(Roadsters only)

Post by svwilbur »

Michael,

looking good, I wish you a quick start and smooth idling, well in time. I think you changed enough that it will take a while to dial it in.

I like your E I I E E I I E sharpie marks on the passenger side of the head! That helps while adjusting the valves.
It also seems to come right off with a little brake cleaner and paper towel. I figured that out after marking something for reference and then having it disappear accidentally after cleaning it a little.
Stacey Wilbur
1970 2000 SRL311-14335 White
Mattk
Roadster Nut-Site Supporter
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by Mattk »

Looking great Michael!! Still have those seats if you're ever in DFW;)

Matthew
MattK
datsunrides

Post by datsunrides »

70-1600 wrote:Continued over the past week on slow and steady progress on cleaning up my ride. The one significant body dent was the left rear panel where the bumper was pushed in. I had a mobile paintless dent repair guy come by and take it out; I did NOT want to subject it to drilled holes and bondo. It will need some light fill when I finally get around to a new paint job. I also dropped off both bumpers at Superior Chrome for some repair and re-chrome. Turns out I just missed Mike Young who was picking up a couple of bumpers of his own! Can't wait to see the results of Mark's work on these and get them back on the car.
You will not be disappointed with Superiors work. I've had Mark do all my chroming for the last 10 years and thousands of $$$$ and never had an issue. He has fixed stuff that was pretty bad better than new.
1966 Roadster
Turbo / EFI U20 (T25 w/ SDS EMU.)
mlwebb
Roadster Fanatic

Post by mlwebb »

Got a little plumbing done, remote dual oil filter, carbs, etc. The round silver thing off the carb is an oil filled fuel pressure gauge. The open ends of the oil filter mount will get a fuel pump oil pressure safety switch and an oil temp sender.
Michael

67 1600 > 2600
Alvin
Roadsteraholic

Post by Alvin »

mlwebb wrote:Got a little plumbing done, remote dual oil filter, carbs, etc. The round silver thing off the carb is an oil filled fuel pressure gauge. The open ends of the oil filter mount will get a fuel pump oil pressure safety switch and an oil temp sender.
Michael

Clean! Michael it's gonna be hard to mount a radiator up front! :lol: :wink:
Alvin Gogineni
San Jose, CA
1967.5 SPL/SR20
1997 Acura Integra GS-R
2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
zcarblog.com
Instagram
YouTube
My SR20 Build Thread
Mainer311
Roadsteraholic

Post by Mainer311 »

So one of the PO's had an aftermarket exhaust put on my car that was welded directly to the frame, no flex joint or anything; muffler rubbing directly on the body under the driver's seat, rear axle hitting the tubing and driver's side shock...a complete mess. Even the hangers were welded to the frame, so no give anywhere in the system...so in short, it finally tore itself to shreds. Frame tore a big hole in the midpipe the other day, and I've finally had it.

I'm currently at the exhaust place having a new system put on from the header back, flex joint, new piping, and saving the Magnaflow muffler. Unfortunately no megaphone tips here, so I'm having a stainless double wall tip welded on as well. Can't wait to get it back.
Jordan
1968 SPL311-21773. Needs paint and some upholstery.
2012 Xterra Pro-4X, 4" lift on 34's, UCA's, pre-runner bumper. Member of the New England Xterra Off-road club.
1971 PL521, Dragon green. Stock L16 w/ 4 speed, lowered 3".
Mainer311
Roadsteraholic

Post by Mainer311 »

I don't think it looks too bad:

Jordan
1968 SPL311-21773. Needs paint and some upholstery.
2012 Xterra Pro-4X, 4" lift on 34's, UCA's, pre-runner bumper. Member of the New England Xterra Off-road club.
1971 PL521, Dragon green. Stock L16 w/ 4 speed, lowered 3".
notoptoy
Vendor-Site Supporter

Post by notoptoy »

I like it, now how about an audio clip???
"When all else fails, force prevails!" Ummm, we're gonna need a bigger hammer here.

67.5 SPL311 H20 w/5 speed
65 Impala Convertible
2017 C43 AMG
dustybarn
Roadster Newby

Post by dustybarn »

Today I replaced the leaky LH caliper pipe I made with a Nissan one. No more leaks and my pedal is hard as a rock! Also installed an electronic flasher relay to make my LED lights flash properly. And removed and reinstalled the inside door handles (a PO had installed them at the wrong angle and it was messing with my head). And installed a new choke cable.

My wheels have an appointment on Wednesday to have new tires installed. I am jonesing to have this car on the road so bad I can't see straight.
'67 1600
Linda
Fraternal Den Mother-RIP
Model: 1500/1600

Post by Linda »

Replaced a ignition control module on the EI distributor. My car was stalling out and after some checking I decided to give the module swap a try. So far so good.
Decided to take the module in to get it tested at OReilley's, where they said they could do it but then did not have the right adapter plug for their testing machine. The plug is Innova J4 and they will try to order it. Hoping I can get it tested just to see the process and results .

Linda
Sadly-Linda has passed away 2022. She was the 311's den mother and drove the first Rare-Parts ball joint project. RIP.
guyatou
Roadster Fanatic

Post by guyatou »

Thanks Matthew! I'm still super tempted with the seats, but I'm super broke after the engine rebuild and replacing components. I hope I can upgrade the interior relatively soon though!
Michael D.
Oklahoma City
1968 SRL-311
1930 Model A Ford
insta: @downesphoto
mraitch
Roadsteraholic

Post by mraitch »

Emptied gas tank - what to do with 4 gallons of OLD gas?? - and removed for cleaning and respraying.
disassembled right rear brake/axle (checked bearing) - cleaned brake cylinder and reinstalled.

somewhat trashed brake line - see quick dirty etc - bot some level of progress has been made - 4 forward - only one back
Peter Harrison
1970 1600 (Stroker) - TOAD SAN (Eliza)
1970 1600 (Stock) - As Yet Unnamed
Lake Balboa (SFV) , California
dustybarn
Roadster Newby

Post by dustybarn »

Made and installed new hardtop retainers. I don't have a better word for them - I have what appears to be an OEM Nissan hardtop, and whatever is supposed to connect it to the top tensioner studs behind the doors was missing. I prototyped it in cardboard, then made a new pair out of stainless sheet.

And then I *almost* finished installing a new brake master cylinder in my XJ-S. Which, while not Datsun-related, is an accomplishment in itself.
'67 1600
70-1600
Site Supporter

Post by 70-1600 »

Picked up the bumpers yesterday from Superior Chrome in San Jose. Amazing work by Mark and his team in half the lead time he quoted! Next I'll clean up and re-paint the mounting brackets and get these beauties back on the car... (updated with better pics)
Before.jpg
After.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by 70-1600 on Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1970 1600 - SPL-31127516
San Jose, CA
svwilbur

Post by svwilbur »

mraitch wrote:Emptied gas tank - what to do with 4 gallons of OLD gas?? - and removed for cleaning and respraying.
disassembled right rear brake/axle (checked bearing) - cleaned brake cylinder and reinstalled.

somewhat trashed brake line - see quick dirty etc - bot some level of progress has been made - 4 forward - only one back

in the town were I live in california our local refuse place (dump) recycling center has a hazardous waste area that is open two days a week and they take all that bad stuff. stripping agents, gas, brake fluid, antifreeze, chemicals etc.

in my town garbage costs money to dispose of but recycle stuff (paper,cardboard, metal, oil and hazardous waste) is free.

so check your yellow pages for hazardous waste.
Stacey Wilbur
1970 2000 SRL311-14335 White