Hood emblems
console
shifter plate
side markers
side emblems
wheels
these could be fixed for 5K and the car would be near perfect.......LOL
Phil
67.5 SRL311-00148 Blue (FJ cruiser VOODOO Blue)
67.5 SPL311 FJ20E teal SDS EFI
69 SRL311 SOLD
19 Raptor SCAB
mraitch
Roadsteraholic
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Re: Barrett Jackson Scotsdale

Post by mraitch »

Personally - I would have plunked down 9K for the "cuba libra" <G> roadster anytime as opposed to a 33K 'incorrect" car - i'm not a purist by asny means (can you say miata seats) - but 33K for a "modified" roadster - doesn't compute. At the higher end - the discrepancies wold NEVER fly - and 33K for a roadster - not even a 67.5 just seems ridiculous to me. Doesn't establish the car's worth - but the visibility is good - except that a-holes will now want 4K for a junker instead of the overpriced 2K that they are currently asking.
mchattod
Roadster Fanatic

Post by mchattod »

mraitch wrote:33K - ya gotta be kiddin'
Higher than what I expected but, you really need to see a car before you pass judgment. You ever notice how the Chevelles in the Tuesday auction go for $20K and the later ones go for a $100K. Everyone thinks the $20K cars were a steal.

Well, I saw first hand some of those $20K cars. They're worth more like $6K. I saw a '67 Chevelle at Barrett Jackson with a rear trunk lid completely out of whack. The left edge was flush with the body, the right edge was a full inch higher than the body.

Good body and paint work aren't cheap.

Dan
'66 1600
Dan
'66 1600
fj20spl311
Roadsteraholic

Post by fj20spl311 »

mraitch wrote: Doesn't establish the car's worth - but the visibility is good - except that a-holes will now want 4K for a junker instead of the overpriced 2K that they are currently asking.
I agree...There will be some who pick-up cars cheap and try to turn them for a lot.

It will keep them from buying others....LOL.....as it hard to turn them over.
Phil
67.5 SRL311-00148 Blue (FJ cruiser VOODOO Blue)
67.5 SPL311 FJ20E teal SDS EFI
69 SRL311 SOLD
19 Raptor SCAB
sleepyzzz
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by sleepyzzz »

mraitch wrote:Personally - I would have plunked down 9K for the "cuba libra" <G> roadster anytime as opposed to a 33K 'incorrect" car - i'm not a purist by asny means (can you say miata seats) - but 33K for a "modified" roadster - doesn't compute. At the higher end - the discrepancies wold NEVER fly - and 33K for a roadster - not even a 67.5 just seems ridiculous to me. Doesn't establish the car's worth - but the visibility is good - except that a-holes will now want 4K for a junker instead of the overpriced 2K that they are currently asking.

not knocking you personally but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, when you sell something do you give it away or try and get as much as you can out of it?

there are lots of folks who think their stuff is gold when they sell it, and when they go to buy from someone it is always junk.

just asking,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :P
1967 SPL1600 sold
2015 Nissan Rogue
2015 Altima

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d29/sleepyzzz56/roadster/IMG_0252-1-1.jpg
pebbles

Post by pebbles »

[quote="sleepyzzz when you sell something do you give it away or try and get as much as you can out of it?

there are lots of folks who think their stuff is gold when they sell it, and when they go to buy from someone it is always junk.

just asking,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :P[/quote]

That made me realize, that the older I get, the more MY TIME is worth,,,,

In the past, I have always sold my stuff for what I would pay for it,,,,honest yes,,, mistake ,,,mmmm yes.
David

"When we were standing next to the motor while on the dyno, and the motor hit VVL, eyes went watery.."
sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz »

pebbles wrote:[quote="sleepyzzz when you sell something do you give it away or try and get as much as you can out of it?

just asking,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :P

That made me realize, that the older I get, the more MY TIME is worth,,,,

In the past, I have always sold my stuff for what I would pay for it,,,,honest yes,,, mistake ,,,mmmm yes.[/quote]

i have always given too much when buying, and then i give it away when selling. and when i do stumble on a deal too good to be true, either broke and can't come back with the cash fast enough, or it just sold right before i got there with the cash. such is the story of my life.
1967 SPL1600 sold
2015 Nissan Rogue
2015 Altima

mraitch
Roadsteraholic
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by mraitch »

in response to sleepyzz - when i get stuff for free (2 x bumpers, early seat frames, roll bar which i wish i had kept ) i send it down the road for shipping + packaging - when i pay for stuff - i pass it along for what i pay - perhaps stupid but I am not in the business of making money off parts i have lying around that can be of use - we are a community - we should help - the vendors play an IMPORTANT role in providing us with stuff - and thank god for them - but they are business people and need to make a buck - i don't - big stuff - fenders etc. demands a price - small stuff - like the tab to hold the speedometer cable (which both bill and ross sent me) have a value - and in a sense it would be worth #$50 to get the car on the road - but it's a $1 item. What has always been interesting is the price that people put on 'junk'. 2 years ago we went on a run and there was a studebaker hawk - sitting outside, rusty, mssing interior (*god knows what the engine was like ) - he wanted 10K for a car that wold cost probably 3K just to RUN - forget getting it into some presentable state. Yes, people price as gold when they sell and lead when they buy - wish the "commuinity" would be more realistic. "One day I will restore it" is frequently the mantra of an old guy who has a "whatever" sitting rusting under a tree. I have a friend who has a 56 Hillman and a 48 Drophead Jag - been thinking about restoration for 10 years - he is now 70 - SURE - and in any case how many people on this side of the pond want to spend ANY money on a Hillman Super Minx. It s a 20K + car to get fixed - hello - end of rant - goodbye
dbrick

Post by dbrick »

I agree with the got it for free pass it along theory, good karma, but it occasionally bites you in the ass. I had someone give me a complete 69 2000 out of the blue, so that car's parts are in the communal Karma pile. Generally if I buy from someone I know, I ask what they want for it and it's yes or no, I don't haggle with friends. When I sell parts, which is rare :roll: , I try to be fair. I consider 311's to be selling amongst friends and Ebay to be business. I'm VERY far from rich but thankfully far enough from poor I don't need to get the highest possible price.

But I have to agree on the other point, my car is on Ebay,and I want as much as the market will bear. I think I'm an honest seller, so they will get what is described, and the market sets the price. If someone here wants it, then it's at the friends price and I make a little less.

Dave Brisco

Take my advice, I'm not using it"

66 2000 The Bobster
64 1500 in pieces for sale
1980 Fiat X1/9
2009 Volvo C-70
08 Expedition EL, STUPID huge but comfy
1962 Thompson Sea Lancer, possible money pit
sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz »

mraitch wrote:in response to sleepyzz - when i get stuff for free (2 x bumpers, early seat frames, roll bar which i wish i had kept ) i send it down the road for shipping + packaging - when i pay for stuff - i pass it along for what i pay - perhaps stupid but I am not in the business of making money off parts i have lying around that can be of use - we are a community - we should help - the vendors play an IMPORTANT role in providing us with stuff - and thank god for them - but they are business people and need to make a buck - i don't - big stuff - fenders etc. demands a price - small stuff - like the tab to hold the speedometer cable (which both bill and ross sent me) have a value - and in a sense it would be worth #$50 to get the car on the road - but it's a $1 item. What has always been interesting is the price that people put on 'junk'. 2 years ago we went on a run and there was a studebaker hawk - sitting outside, rusty, mssing interior (*god knows what the engine was like ) - he wanted 10K for a car that wold cost probably 3K just to RUN - forget getting it into some presentable state. Yes, people price as gold when they sell and lead when they buy - wish the "commuinity" would be more realistic. "One day I will restore it" is frequently the mantra of an old guy who has a "whatever" sitting rusting under a tree. I have a friend who has a 56 Hillman and a 48 Drophead Jag - been thinking about restoration for 10 years - he is now 70 - SURE - and in any case how many people on this side of the pond want to spend ANY money on a Hillman Super Minx. It s a 20K + car to get fixed - hello - end of rant - goodbye

geeze, did i get everyone stirred up????????? i sure didn't mean to. :oops:
1967 SPL1600 sold
2015 Nissan Rogue
2015 Altima

dbrick

Post by dbrick »

sleepyzzz wrote:

geeze, did i get everyone stirred up????????? i sure didn't mean to. :oops:
I don't think so, just got the conversation started. On a funny note, all the parts I sold or swapped to Bob came back to me in the car, so the Karma thing works. :D

Dave Brisco

Take my advice, I'm not using it"

66 2000 The Bobster
64 1500 in pieces for sale
1980 Fiat X1/9
2009 Volvo C-70
08 Expedition EL, STUPID huge but comfy
1962 Thompson Sea Lancer, possible money pit