suspension

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

misterarj

suspension

Post by misterarj »

Being an autocrosser I have an urge to tune the suspension on my new roadster. It's a 67.5 1600, what setups are you guys/gals running. I don't want to go to aggressive as I still want to drive this on the street. I would like to lower the stance and crisp it up a bit. Thanks. AJ
S Allen
Site Admin
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

RE:Suspension

Post by S Allen »

AJ,

On my street car I am running some Mike Kerr shortened front springs, stock front sway bar, GR2 shocks all the way around and stock rear springs with eurathane bushings and pads. My street car actually has a better lowered stance than my race car. It looks a lot more aggressive too!

The race car right now has new stock competition front springs (which sit much higher than Mike Kerrs shortened ones), competiton sway bar with eurathane bushings, GR2 shocks front and back. Competiton rear leafs with eurathane bushings and pads. The rear leafs have the rear mount reversed so the rearend sits level with the front. I am in the process of lowering the whole suspension to get a lower center of gravity. I picked up some adjustable Konis shocks for front and rear. Thanks Will! :lol: I am taking the front springs into to a spring shop to see if they can heat an compress them at least a full inch if not a little more. The front end needs to go down. The rear will get the Konis with the rear shackles mounts put in their proper position.

The street car is tight but not too tight where every little bump jars your teeth. The race car is pretty stiff but needs to be stiffer. Hope that helps some.

Steve
66 Stroker-Going Orange
67 SRL311-00279-resto project
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 2WD Hauler
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

AutoX suspension

Post by SLOroadster »

I will be running KONI ajustables with the comp springs front and rear, as well as poly bushings with front and rear comp anti-sway bars. The ride is hard but it will corner like no other (my friends car that is set up the same way will not drift through a corner unless taken WAY to fast. We took a 30mph freeway offramp at closer to 70 and it just hugged the inside of the corner with no tire squeel.)
Will
Datsa 66

Post by Datsa 66 »

When I first bought my 67.5 2000 it had stock springs front and rear and GR2s front and back. It made the road much more comfortable but did not handle all that great.

For my restoration I am going with Konis all around as I can adjust them to suit my needs. I am going with stock front springs and early leaf springs. I am also going with a comp front sway bar and euro bushings.

In this way I feel I will get the best of both worlds. Decent handling and I get to keep my teeth in my head.
8)