I'm terrible with introductions.

Here you can introduce yourself to the group.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

TPlautz

I'm terrible with introductions.

Post by TPlautz »

Hello everyone,

I picked up a 1969 Datsun Roadster 1600 a week ago. It has been sitting since 1978 and still has the registration sticker from that year. Pretty cool I guess. Anyhoo, I am in the process of attempting a frame off restoration and am contemplating a SR20DE swap. I'm taking pictures all the way. This will be my first resto and I will have tons of question seeing that I do not have a huge amount of mechanical knowledge. This seems like the perfect site for my needs. I live in Sacramento and am hoping that there are members near by.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Tyler
Fairlady66

Re: I'm terrible with introductions.

Post by Fairlady66 »

Welcome to the funny farm. You picked a great place to land. :shock:
S Allen
Site Admin
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by S Allen »

Welcome to the fray. You picked a good place to come if I might say so. I hope you do not stall on your project. A full off frame restoration plus an engine swap is what I call the double whammy. There are many projects that never get completed. Expect to spend lots of money and quite a bit of time on your projects. I am not trying to be a nay sayer but you might want to get a runner first prior to tearing into your first one. Just a thought. At any rate-keep us posted on your project and take lots of pictures.

SA
66 Stroker-Going Orange
67 SRL311-00279-resto project
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 2WD Hauler
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
wgb1
Roadster Fanatic

Post by wgb1 »

Welcome to the board and I believe you will find good company over there on the left coast.